I finally bought a house in Cave Country! W00T!!!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

This has been fun... My phone is now my key. Once I engage my adaptive cruise control, it stays in the lane, unless I hit a turn signal, where it will change lanes if safe. I like this a lot.

Once I engage my adaptive cruise control, it stays in the lane, unless I hit a turn signal, where it will change lanes if safe. I like this a lot.

The lane keeping is a feature that I thought I would hate, but driving 30k a year back and forth from CC weekly I've found I love it. I am much less tired as you largely only have to think about not hitting things.

The lane keeping is a feature that I thought I would hate, but driving 30k a year back and forth from CC weekly I've found I love it. I am much less tired as you largely only have to think about not hitting things.
Today we drove all over, looking for a shotty, to hunt turkeys. They are invasive here. :D We spent a bit over $5 putting on 151 miles. In a 20MPG car, it would have cost over $25. Wow. As we were tooling down I75, the car went into "Hands Free" mode. Look at Ethan's smile here.

1712845723474.png

1712845737204.png

As we were tooling down I75, the car went into "Hands Free" mode. Look at Ethan's smile here.

Mine requires it to feel your hand on the wheel at least every 30 seconds.

But yeah much less stressful when you are just racking up miles. But sometimes you do need to go manual and be aggressive thanks to left lane bandits.

Mine requires it to feel your hand on the wheel at least every 30 seconds.
Machelle requires it as well, until we hit I75. It really irks Ethan, so he's learned to cancel Lane Keeping on county and state roads.

I'm seeing a Solar Farm in your future ...
I am too. I need my back in working order before I do this. I'm envisioning a 20' or 40' High Cap container strapped solidly to the ground as the anchor for it all. House all the electronics inside and move Tom's scuba compressor in there as well, but on the other end.

Machelle requires it as well, until we hit I75. It really irks Ethan, so he's learned to cancel Lane Keeping on county and state roads.

Keeping your hand on the wheel isn't that hard, jeez kids these days.

I keep it on when I am outside of towns in cave country. It works on most of the major roads, but I do increase the follow distance to max.

I went to my GP yesterday
Keeping your hand on the wheel isn't that hard, jeez kids these days.
It's more than keeping your hand on the wheel. I find that if I nudge it, she knows that I'm there. Simply having my hand or hands limply on the wheel isn't enough. But yeah, he's only known power brakes, power steering, and automatic transmissions. I should find a 62 Fairlane for him to muscle around for a month or two.

It's more than keeping your hand on the wheel. I find that if I nudge it, she knows that I there. Simply have my hand or hands limply on the wheel isn't enough.

Yeah just nudge it into the turns is what I do. Though on straight roads I have to give it a spare nudge.

http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom