I finally bought a house in Cave Country! W00T!!!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Glad to hear the good news - if the worst damage is power out for a (relatively) short time, then that is good.

Sounds like it is pretty handy having a neighbour that works for the power company.

Glad to hear the good news - if the worst damage is power out for a (relatively) short time, then that is good.

Sounds like it is pretty handy having a neighbour that works for the power company.

Here in Houston we are joking that we now pick friends by the elevation of their slab and whether or not they glued down their hardwood floor (that glue SUCKS). I will add bonus points for linemen and general power company employment.

45SaDjb45WghZdYRJJGEdpddEcZDXFxmWwxkBKYTtMWckN-6FlHta3qrmGpjmDu7UtRh7eselioWb8zk_A=w1225-h919-no.jpg

The Chairman said: "Let there be light!"
After a bit of storm dodging and cleanup, I'm back on setting up the workshop. LED shop lights now illuminate the darkest corner in my shop. I also added three double gang boxes along the port and the starboard sides of the shop. I'll be adding three more on the aft wall and then start to skin the inside. Then I'll be able to move those shelves from the center to the outside and really open up the workspace. Mind you, I still have to repair the roof and the outer walls, but she's coming along nicely.

I mowed about half the lawn today... it took me a solid three hours! I have three fences to take down to really open it up. I'm kinda torn between working on the shop or taking out the fences this morning. I think that's been the underlying theme moving here: opening up. I'm definitely a social person, but only on my terms. Don't crowd me, bro. I really enjoy my solitude. I really enjoy the creative process. I love working with my hands. I really enjoy hanging with friends, both old and new. I might be the happiest I've ever been. At least those who know keep telling me that. I'm way OK with that.

Caveat... I had a crap load of trash I took to the dump yesterday. It had been building a week or two before Irma on the trailer. It had prevented me from getting my mower and blower, so I had to man up. Of particular note was the carcass of the old refrigerator that was on the back. What I should have been worried about was the two+ foot of flattened cardboard. I had been surprised that very little of that had blown off the trailer during Irma, and I found out why. No, it wasn't sopping wet, but it was wet enough to be truly tough to handle. What a chore! I thought I was going to pass out in that humid heat. Glad it's GONE!!! Time to hitch up the trailer and head to Lowes and Home Depot.

Glad your house is safe, this is my neighbors house across the Santa Fe river from me.

IMG_6262.JPG

It used to look like this.

IMG_6255.JPG

Yes it was.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/
http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom