I got a boat...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

scubatexastony

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
for inland lake diving in Texas, Arkansas, Louisiana.... it's light, trailers like a dream, and seems like it'll get us where we need to be....out on the water...
So far, have the depth finder, Marine GPS, fire/safety, now for the ladder, O2 and tank racks and gear bench....yeah, there's room for that....and more....
ya' know, it's a Texas thing...LOL

tony

ps. here's some pics of the boat (think it needs a name?) and my grandkids.... the lifeguard looks like my son....

looks good sir but there is one more thing you need to do to it. the "Captain's" seat is a little to short so you need to build it up some. BTW... he is a cute little Captain.

steve

Hey that's cool... a pontoon boat!!! Wish they worked here but the Sound gets too choppy for them but what a great dive platform.

Pontoon boats are the way to go for inland diving. The larger the pontoon diameter the better though as scuba stuff tends to be heavy (looks like you did well in that department). And you need to be careful with weight distribution and motor trim in rough water or you could find your nose diving into a large wave. It's a great way to clean the carpet but a little unnerving.

My experience is that there is never enough room on a dive boat and that buying one ultimately leads to buying a bigger one in a few years, followed of course by an even bigger one a few years after that. You will inevitably gain an ever greater number of boatless diving freinds and be frequently visited by long lost relatives who coincidentally just happen to dive.

DA Aquamaster:
And you need to be careful with weight distribution and motor trim in rough water or you could find your nose diving into a large wave. It's a great way to clean the carpet but a little unnerving.
Been there, done that, got the t-shirt. Also note that ANYTHING on the deck that is not fixed will wash overboard...

DA Aquamaster:
My experience is that there is never enough room on a dive boat and that buying one ultimately leads to buying a bigger one in a few years, followed of course by an even bigger one a few years after that.
So your saying I should just start with a 100' Hatteras and be done with it? I guess I better start buying those lottery tickets :).

James

Back
Top Bottom