I Got Bored Today So I made a new Back Plate...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Cool engraving. Will the bending or polishing mess it up?

I hope not. :) My buddy said it would be fine during the bending. He will be setting up the dies accordingly. I am not going to polish the plate to a mirror, just hit it with a little scotch bright pad and call it good.

Sweet. Have you tried etching with the waterjet yet? We have been messing with some glass and stainless due to the fact that our laser dept is at the other plant and the one foreman there is a dick about gubmint jobs. It is not as precise as the laser of course but with the right prep and masking we can get some good results on low pressure using our Calypso and reducing the amount of garnet. Just wish we had more time to play with some of the more exotic stuff.

Sweet. Have you tried etching with the waterjet yet? We have been messing with some glass and stainless due to the fact that our laser dept is at the other plant and the one foreman there is a dick about gubmint jobs. It is not as precise as the laser of course but with the right prep and masking we can get some good results on low pressure using our Calypso and reducing the amount of garnet. Just wish we had more time to play with some of the more exotic stuff.

No I have not. It sounds like a lot of fun! If I get more free time I might set up some scrap stainless to see if I can make a mess. Thanks for the idea! :D

Used to do the same thing where I worked previously.

Was quite fun.

By the way, put about a 5 degree slant in your shoulder strap slots and the plate will sit much better on the wearer; keeps the abrasion down also.

the K

Finally got the plate bent today. Bends came out great. Not to bad for about 10.00 in material. Just wanted to share the updated pics of the plate.....
IMAG0550.jpg

IMAG0552.jpg

Very nice!

That's a very nice job indeed!

I truly believe some of my best work comes as a result of a moment of boredom and restlessness.

Back
Top Bottom