I hate this place

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Po3

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
I was certified in Dutch Springs, and I hated it, I tried my advance and hated it, didnt do well. You see it was not the Bahamas, where the water is clear and warm, Dutch Springs is cold and hard to get bouyant,(well it was hard). I hate the Farmer John also, but I find after buying all my own gear and a guy from Ny Rob3nyc, spending some more time with me, I live to go to dutch springs and look at the fish that are looking at me, and go to the platforms. It reminded me of Navy Boot Camp. I hate it. I even stopped down going to Ga. and saw Paris Island, I can image how people hated it. One thing I have come to realize, is that Dutch Springs is one of the best things that has happened to me, it is my training ground to get better at diving, that means going to the platforms, the bus or the many other attractions that are there for me, to learn to become a safe and skill Scuba Diver. Happy Diving everyone.

Parris Island, 2 r's.

See you at Dutch some time in the future. Go to Willow and you will love Dutch even more.

Parris Island, 2 r's.

See you at Dutch some time in the future. Go to Willow and you will love Dutch even more.

That really is the truth about Willow Springs. I really hate it there. I'd rather be in NC, or down in NJ, but Dutch is close to home, decent to dive (skip the student side) and pretty good size/depth. I used to really hate it in the 80's, but they really have made major improvements for divers over the years.

I dive down the west wall, away from most divers. Nice scenery and decent viz.

Hope to see you guys at Dutch.

Safe diving to you.

Go to Brownstone and you'll love Dutch more!! :D

Est3202, like you I agree that Dutch is one of the BEST training facilities in the area. I am a better diver because of the conditions at Dutch.

Maybe I'll see you at Dutch. Safe dives until then.

Point well taken. I am developing the same feeling for our local lake here in Arizona.

I logged a ton of dives in it before I was able to afford to step a fin in a saltwater location. Once I got into the ocean, I realized what a piece of cake it was due to the extensive training in cold & low viz waters.

I like to train in the harshest conditions I can find so that when it counts or conditions ease up, it becomes an easier dive. Going from cold & low viz of our lake to the ocean with 50+ ft of viz was like diving in the pool. :D

My step son had it open water cert dives this past Sat & Sun at Willow. I got 6 dives in for the weekend. Vis was 2-6' on Sat and 0-4' on Sunday. Leaving for St Thomas and St Maarten on Friday. Hope the weather clears down there.

So this weekend going in for a dive (Monterey) I asked another diver coming out how it was. He said "it sucked, only about 5' of visibility."

Right now I realize that the visibility in my cube is about 5'--I'd much rather be diving in 5' vis right now.

BTW, we went in and had a really fun, low key dive accompanied by a playful harbor seal.

take up paint balling--@ least you'll have a reason for hurting....

Go to Brownstone and you'll love Dutch more!! :D

Est3202, like you I agree that Dutch is one of the BEST training facilities in the area. I am a better diver because of the conditions at Dutch.

Maybe I'll see you at Dutch. Safe dives until then.

I would argue that the BEST place to train is during real dives, because those really teach you how to dive. HOWEVER, the best place to get your feet wet, practice specific skills, and have a great time close to home has to be dutch. I have learned so much at dutch, and continue to have a great time every visit. In fact, I am going this weekend :)

I would argue that the BEST place to train is during real dives, because those really teach you how to dive. HOWEVER, the best place to get your feet wet, practice specific skills, and have a great time close to home has to be dutch. I have learned so much at dutch, and continue to have a great time every visit. In fact, I am going this weekend :)

If you want to be exact, I say Dutch was the best training facility in the area. I would argue that the BEST place to train is in a safe environment and when you are comfortable with your skills you can train an open water environment. By your definition, none of the dives at Dutch are real dives.

Real or "fake" dives, as long as I'm diving and enjoying myself you can label it anything you want. :D

Back
Top Bottom