I have a cold and dive next week !

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I realise the terrible dilemma: to dive or not to dive.

Hopefully, the the worst of the cold will have passed by the time you reach your dive destination.

However, if problems persist, you don't want to sacrifice a well-earned dive holiday. At the same time, you don't want to aggravate your problems.

For mild congestion problems, I swear by Sudafed. Used sparingly and while bearing in mind all the information out there about the relationship between oxygen toxicity and decongestants, it has saved many a dive.

All the best

hey you lot ! thanks for all the advice. I am now taking 1000mg of fizzy vitamin c a day and sudafed 12 hour. I think Its clearing up. The sweating has gone and I only get blocked up when I lay down. Hopfully I will be over it by Sunday. I just cant wait. It wil be my first dive in any sea. All my other dives have been in pools or quarries. I would just like to say one thing about divers. That is ... 5 months ago my wife told me it was the end of our marridge. The only thing that has kept me going is the holiday and the people I have met and talked to through diving. Thanks very much all of the divers I have spoken to. Diving is great. If you want to dive somewhere there is always someone wanting to do the same sort of dive. Cheers and have lots of great dives.

Steve.

Back
Top Bottom