I moved to Virginia!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

mahoneme

Reaction score
Hi all,

I just moved to Virginia from South Florida. I don't know anyone in the area and was wondering if you guys get together every once in a while and plan diving trips to warmer waters (I don't think I'd be too excited about diving around here...)

I hope I can meet some of you soon.

Maria

Hi Maria,

I am new to the area as well. I live in Maryland . Where in VA are you? I have met a group of very nice people in the NOVA/DC area. We get together periodically, and we also take trips together to warmer waters. We will love to have you. I'll keep you posted if you are interested. Welcome to the area!!!

Hey Maria, don't forget to stop by once in a while in the conch forum and say hi. Good luck with your new life, hope you find some good buddies up there.

Hi guys!

I am in Leesburg. Very cold up here. I am going down to South Florida for Thanksgiving and I can't miss the opportunity to go diving that weekend. Let me know if there is anything going on.

Maria

mahoneme:
Hi all,

I just moved to Virginia from South Florida. I don't know anyone in the area and was wondering if you guys get together every once in a while and plan diving trips to warmer waters (I don't think I'd be too excited about diving around here...)

I hope I can meet some of you soon.

Maria

Maria,

Welcome to Virginia. Where in VA do you live? Although the scenery is not as good as South Florida, VA and WV do have places you can dive while you wait for the tropical waters(Millbrook-Haymarket, VA; Lake Rawlings-Rawlings, VA; Mt. Storm-WV; and of course VA Beach). The wrecks off of NC are supposed to be pretty warm during spring through late fall.

I am in Northern VA, near Manassas, VA about 40 miles west of DC.

Pedro

pairizarry:
Maria,

Welcome to Virginia. Where in VA do you live? Although the scenery is not as good as South Florida, VA and WV do have places you can dive while you wait for the tropical waters(Millbrook-Haymarket, VA; Lake Rawlings-Rawlings, VA; Mt. Storm-WV; and of course VA Beach). The wrecks off of NC are supposed to be pretty warm during spring through late fall.

I am in Northern VA, near Manassas, VA about 40 miles west of DC.

Pedro

Hi Pedro,

I am in Leesburg. West of DC (don't really know how many miles, but not that far).

mahoneme:
Hi Pedro,

I am in Leesburg. West of DC (don't really know how many miles, but not that far).

I know exactly where you are at. You are not too far from the Millbrook quarry. You just have to go straight down Hwy 15. Millbrook is near 15/I-66. This Sunday (14th)myself and Don will be at the Turkey Dive there and the following Sunday (21st) Seawitch2 and I may go diving for the season ending day at Millbrook. You are welcome to come and dive with us.

Pedro

Hi Maria,

I am located in the Blue Ridge Mountains. There is a group of divers here that get together every once in a while to do Fla. trips as well many others. In fact some of them are headed to C. Brac for the week of Thanksgiving. I'll let you know when the next trip takes place.

Back
Top Bottom