I need a photographer...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Up I-75, up I-4, turn off at the Blue Spring exit (might be 114 or so - clearly signed, second exit for Orange City). Off the ramp, turn left at the light, over I-4, through the next light, keep driving til you get to 17-92, stay in left lane, curves round and joins 17-92 (south) towards Orange City. About a mile into town after the "Orange City" limit sign there is a turning at a light (one of only a few lights in the area) with two gas stations on it and a pizza place too (again clearly signed as towards Blue Spring), turn right keep going til just before the dirt road, turn left into the park. Wait at the kiosk for one another to sign in together.

Yup, near Deland. the name of the road off of 17-92 is French Ave, but it is much more easily identified by the big brown Blue Springs sign. The road that you want to get off of I-4 onto is 472.

CBulla:
All arrangements are made - I'll be there with bells on tomorrow! I do need directions to the site though. :)
And where will the bells be? On your speedo?

Update... I remembered the camera, but LEFT THE HOUSING AT HOME. WHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

It was "interesting" to say the least. I was attacked by a manatee. I have been in the presense of MANY of these "gentle" giants, but not with one that had such a small calf. It swam into the boil area as I was waiting for Colin to get back taking the camera to the car and getting his gear when
WHAM!!!
"Holy Sea Cow Batman" the Cow T-boned me in the right hip. I even have a bruise from where it SMASHED my reel into my hip. I was completely shocked and even more surprised when she turned around and came back at me!!! I swam behind a palm that was laying in the water for protection. She and her tiny calf swam a bit, and she played with her calf as well, as they did barrell rolls just above the spring. But any time I ventured near the boil, that cow chased me off.

Of course I reported the cow to the authorities and have asked a lawyer on our board to start the legal proceedings. Call her our "Cash Cow" if you would. I'm gonna soak her if I can. :D

He's had permanent damage way before the cow. :winky:

Andy, if you assist Netdoc in suing a manatee, I will never dive with you again. HOW COULD YOU?

I had a manatee "stalk" myself & my buddy down the run once upon a time, but ATTACK??! C'mon, you'se pullin' my longest leg! Hehe!! Cool, but I am sure it was a wee bit disconcerting at the time.

https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom