i need help to find a part to fill my din tank

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

If you fill the scuba tank to 3000 psi, you will only get 3000 psi (actually probably more like 2800 psi) into your paintball tank.. and each subsequent fill of the paintball tank will get you less gas. 2800 on the first fill, 2500 on the second, etc.

Filling to 3000 would mean you would have the equivalent of a 43 cubic inch tank is all. You just have to refill a little more often. A friend and I were calculating the same situation for his paintball tank last night - we figured he would get about 50 fills before it dropped below 2500 psi (at least) which is still very usable. And if your gun is like his, it only requires 700-900psi to function properly. I don't how much you pay for fill over there, but around here a paintball air cannister costs about $10 to fill and I can fill my Scuba Tank for $2 .... so even with 1 fill it pays for itself rather quickly. The main benefit of course being the convenience of filling at your leisure or even in the field for more playing time.

If I calculated wrong, I hope someone will correct me.

Aloha, Tim

my gun runs on 225 psi, and i know all about each fill.know what part do i need or will that one part work?

thanks
sean

kidspot:
Filling to 3000 would mean you would have the equivalent of a 43 cubic inch tank is all. You just have to refill a little more often. A friend and I were calculating the same situation for his paintball tank last night - we figured he would get about 50 fills before it dropped below 2500 psi (at least) which is still very usable. And if your gun is like his, it only requires 700-900psi to function properly. I don't how much you pay for fill over there, but around here a paintball air cannister costs about $10 to fill and I can fill my Scuba Tank for $2 .... so even with 1 fill it pays for itself rather quickly. The main benefit of course being the convenience of filling at your leisure or even in the field for more playing time.

If I calculated wrong, I hope someone will correct me.

Aloha, Tim
A 63ci paintball tank holds over 7cf when filled to 3000 psi. 50 fills, even 50 half fills from 1300 to 2800 psi, would use 186 cf of gas.

That must be some scuba tank.

A typical full Al 80 will drop to somewhere around 2700 psi on the first fill and about 2500 on the second fill. In my experience of course.

I just ran the numbers for an Al 80, and I think I did it correctly but it's damn early.

2738 psi on the first fill
2499 psi on the second
etc etc

sean_dahlberg:
what part do i need or will that one part work?
Sean--

I hope somepne else can confirm or correct me, but I'm not at all sure that either the adapter I showed you here, or the one markfm showed you here, will physically fit your high-pressure DIN valve. The problem is that 1/4" extension you can see on both adapters, on the end you screw in. I would bet that your valve doesn't have a hole down in the bottom to fit the extension. If not, the extension will bottom out inside your valve, well before the o-ring can seal. Useless.

If that's the case, the reason they do that is to make sure you don't over-pressure a yoke connection, by making sure you can't attach anything that will let you use a yoke.

I can't really tell from the image of your valve here. But what makes me doubtful is the description that it's "dedicated 300 bar."

Take a look at the 6th valve down, the H Adapter. You can just barely see the hole in the bottom of the threaded well. That's because that valve is specifically designed to accept a yoke, if a threaded insert is put in.

If your valve doesn't have that hole, then maybe the best thing would be to jsut buy a new yoke-type valve?

--Marek

sean_dahlberg:
my name is sean and i got a scuba tank to fill my compressed tank for paintball.the scuba tank is a Luxfer 4350psi with a Thermo 300 bar DIN Valve on, and my local scuba shop can only fill tanks with standerd yoke fitting valves and i have a din fitting.my Question is there a part i can buy so my local scuba shop that fill yoke valve tanks can fill my din tank.if you know of any parts i need to fiil my tank list the name,were to get it, and how much it costs,

thanks sean

I'm assuming your fill whip for your paintball tank needs the DIN fitting on the SCUBA tank. You could get one like on the website you listed:

http://www.seapearls.com/tank-valves.html

(the second one down).

It comes with an insert so you can use it with a yoke style regulator/fill whip. The insert comes out with an allen wrench. Pop the insert in for the fill, pull it out for the paintball whip.

Your LDS should be able to get one of these suckers for you or look around online. Just replace the existing DIN valve with one of these and you won't have to worry about compatablility of the adapter (which I understand can be a little bit of a pain in the rear)...

Thanks Jonnythan - I don't use them myself, so I figured he meant it was c.i. at 3000psi - didn't know it was talking liquid capacity ... I'll have to let my friend know - gets confusing when the same terms have different meanings ...

My mistake, and I appreciate the correction :D

Aloha, Tim

thanks guys im going to try the adapter, and if it doent work ill get a new valve.

thanks for the info

sean

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom