I need to get wet.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

McGinnis

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Just moved to Sac from Oregon so I'm looking for people to meet up with within an hour or two of Sac. Dive on single lp 90. Would love to go grab some bugs or crabs. Very open schedule during the week.

Brian

You'll need to go to So Cal to get bugs. We see them very occasionally up here, and usually folks are good enough to leave them be because the are uncommon.

Dunno about the legalities of taking crabs while diving. I don't know of anybody who does so either it's not worthwhile or not legal or both.\

Chuck

Thanks for the heads up! I've done diving in SoCal & Catalina but wasn't aware of the situation up north. Would still love to get out and go diving if anyone's going out this week or next.

Single LP90? Didn't know there was such a thing. Know of LP85s and 95s, but 90s? Could you elaborate? Being a bit bug deprived up here, some of us might be inclined to fetishize gear a bit more (okay, I'm speaking only for myself ;-).

Just moved to Sac from Oregon so I'm looking for people to meet up with within an hour or two of Sac. Dive on single lp 90. Would love to go grab some bugs or crabs. Very open schedule during the week.

Brian

Sooo sorry for the confusion I might have induced there. I have two Faber lp 95's. I was multi-tasking when I posted earlier. I typically multi-task better when the tv isn't on.

i believe it is legal to take crabs around the north coast. it is not legal around the monterey area as that place is an invertebrate no take zone. i think most people just lay traps for crabs and don't dive for them. diving for them sounds like fun but the north coast is a bit far from me. it's dungeness season.... if you go please let us know how it was!

From what i understand, the daily bag limit is 10 crab. Both male and female crab may be taken and the minimum size limit is 5 3/4 inches until June 30th. I don't NEED to go crab diving but I'm getting tired diving in my 6' pool and all the spectacular sh*t it has to offer.

Last edited:

Brian

Brian - if you need to sharpen your skills, there is always Nimbus Lake or Folsom - I've heard that near the Dam at Folsom there is good viz. Lot's of Bass if you like diving in fresh water.

Also there's the North Coast Dive Club that gets together every once and a while.

Brian - if you need to sharpen your skills, there is always Nimbus Lake or Folsom - I've heard that near the Dam at Folsom there is good viz. Lot's of Bass if you like diving in fresh water.

Also there's the North Coast Dive Club that gets together every once and a while.

Thanks for all the great info! My skills are pretty sharp but who couldn't use more work? I'll check out the North Coast Dive Club.

Back
Top Bottom