I need two divers this weekend $$$

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

JustinW

Contributor
Reaction score
I need two substitute divers for this upcoming weekend. The "job" is very light duty. Basicly we perform safety diving activities for the American Power Boat Association while they do their races. I need two certified divers (rescue cert not required) that can work the boat races this weekend (July 17-18) in Chowchilla. You will be paid to sit on the rescue boat and if there is a mishap to help out. Luckily the weekends are for the most part very low key. Just show up in shorts and a t-shirt, bring your dive boots and dive gear and have it in the boat ready to go. The pay isn't something you will retire on but they will pay for your fuel to and from the venue, and for your time both days (I use the money to fund more dive trips). Send me a PM if you are interested.

I live in long beach, would they pay for the fuel to and from the venue from this location? If so i am interested

I don't think they want to pay that much gas, unless you drive a really fuel efficient car. I"ll keep you in the loop though.

Just got word that the race coordinator is going to be paying for hotel accomodations as well. Fuel is paid, accomodations are paid and your time is paid. Great way to spend the weekend.

I need two substitute divers for this upcoming weekend. The "job" is very light duty. Basicly we perform safety diving activities for the American Power Boat Association while they do their races. I need two certified divers (rescue cert not required) that can work the boat races this weekend (July 17-18) in Chowchilla. You will be paid to sit on the rescue boat and if there is a mishap to help out.

Not to rain on your parade (race?), but wouldn't you be better off getting divers that actually have training and experience in handling emergencies?

"Certified Diver" only proves the diver has managed to go underwater and not die. At the very least, I'd suggest a Divemaster, DiveCon or Instructor.

And for anybody thinking of taking this job, if a boat flips and the driver is injured or dies, the lawyers will be lining up to take everything you own, so I'd suggest making sure you have a bunch of insurance.

flots.

Just got word that the race coordinator is going to be paying for hotel accomodations as well. Fuel is paid, accomodations are paid and your time is paid. Great way to spend the weekend.

I'm an active and trained public safety diver. What's the pay?

Depending on what were talking compensation wise, I may be able to help Saturday. Was considering heading to Fresno anyhow. This would be of interest though.

Not to rain on your parade (race?), but wouldn't you be better off getting divers that actually have training and experience in handling emergencies?

"Certified Diver" only proves the diver has managed to go underwater and not die. At the very least, I'd suggest a Divemaster, DiveCon or Instructor.

And for anybody thinking of taking this job, if a boat flips and the driver is injured or dies, the lawyers will be lining up to take everything you own, so I'd suggest making sure you have a bunch of insurance.

flots.

Thanks Flots, good points. Divers are covered under APBA insurance but of course it is always a good thing to have insurance as a diver as well. Paramedics are on scene. Most of the boats are sit on top boats, 25hp or less. As far as the requirements, what I was asking for was just the requirements that the APBA is looking for. The more training you have as a diver, the better off you will be every time you dive. :D

Thanks Flots, good points. Divers are covered under APBA insurance but of course it is always a good thing to have insurance as a diver as well. Paramedics are on scene. Most of the boats are sit on top boats, 25hp or less. As far as the requirements, what I was asking for was just the requirements that the APBA is looking for. The more training you have as a diver, the better off you will be every time you dive. :D

That's a horse of a different color.

We have boat races here, but the boats don't tend to touch the water very often and when something bad happens, it's really bad.

25HP is good for "fast trolling" :cool:

flots.

Think they'll spring for airfare from CO? :)

I'm AOW, and I'm an RN, CCEMT-P with years of ER/Flight experience.

Back
Top Bottom