I want to get narked

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

So how deep can you go with the chamber you operated? I'm genuinely curious.

At least 200’. Probably deeper but never tried. I’m going by memory for a job I quit in 2010, but I think a Table 7 is chamber ride to 165’.

If you get bent, your chamber ride needs to be deeper than where the bubbles bent you.

If your bubbles were a problem at 150’ deep (maybe you did a dive to 300’ and your first deco stop was at 190’) then a Table 6 ain’t gonna fix you. Thats a fact, Jack.

Hot dropping to 150ft on air is the most narced I ever felt. This was an "easy" dive I was doing on OC in warm, clear water. I hadn't ever felt narced before (I know you're always narced to some degree deep but never felt strong to me), so I wasn't too worried about it.

Despite having done dives like that before on air (150ft used to be my "air" limit), this one hit me like a truck and I just froze for a minute after landing on the wreck because it was so disorienting. It wasn't unpleasant, it felt really nice actually, but definitely had an awareness that it wasn't "safe". Stuck to the outside of the wreck instead of penetrating, shortened the bottom time a bit, and had a pleasant dive.

Lesson for me: Don't dive past recreational depths on air. It's "safe" right up until it isn't. Was glad I had enough awareness to modify the dive plan and a buddy that wasn't going to pressure me to push it (we were both excited about going inside this wreck).

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/
http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom