I Wish I Didn't Have to Breathe! (Cozumel dive trip report.)

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Hey, Tengoquatrohijos, glad to hear that Coz was fun for you! Sounds like you really hit a fast current on one dive--Barbara and I were on a dive like that once in Cozumel and I likened it to Dorothy's tornado ride out of Kansas in the Wizard of Oz!

Goggle problems: sometimes during the manufacture of goggles a coating is put on the glass that does not just wash off. So, use some Soft Scrub or some tooth paste on both surfaces to get the coating off. Then, prior to each dive use an antifog. I have tried the super-expensive high tech stuff and decided its only virture was the neat container it came in. When I was learning to scuba, my dive master told me about spit as a defog and I used that, reasonably successfully, for a long time. THEN, I TRIED DISHWASHER DETERGENT THAT WAS DILUTED ABOUT 5 PARTS OF WATER TO 1 PART OF DETERGENT AND THAT WAS THE BEST DEFOG I HAVE EVER USED: IT HAS NEVER FAILED. You do not have to dilute it, but if you don't it takes longer to rinse out the residual. Also you can use whatever dilution you like--you just need the surfactant properties of the detergent. Most dive boats offer some sort of detergent for that purpose--the neatest is Johnson and Johnson's No Tears Baby Shampoo because, if you leave some on your goggles and it gets in your eyes, it does not hurt.

Finally, I suggest that every so often you scrub your lenses with tooth paste or Soft Scrub to get off any residues or detritus that happens to build up on the lenses.

So, once again, welcome back to the US (Bienvenidos a los EEUU) and happy diving from here on out!

Joewr

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom