I would like to know how many events are

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Status
Not open for further replies.
So sinkO is sponsored? I know Invasion is (I got bumper stickers) :wink:

What does scubaboard do when it sponsors an event? Do we get prizes :wink:

Sink-O is not sponsored, and the person who stickied it was told that it shouldn't have been. Rather than un-sticky it and face a whole lot of complaining, we left it. If there is a Sink-O next year, it will fall under the same guidelines as the other non-SB sponsored events, and not be stickied.

Examples of SB sponsored events are (and not exclusive to):

Ginnie Mega Dives
Turkey Fry
Reef Clean-ups
Invasion

There are more obviously, but I think you should all get the picture from here.

We do a reef clean up every year with Ocean Watch. It should be coming up soon.

We do a reef clean up every year with Ocean Watch. It should be coming up soon.

Is this the one, last year, that you were planning as a gathering, it was stickied, THEN you found out there was a clean-up at the same time and changed the title? Basically saying a few did it last year so why not do it again, since we are going to be there anywho? Is this also the one that produced round-about half a dozen people?????????

I'm sorry but the above is a slap in the face to those of us who plan events and bust booty to get SB'ers to come out and enjoy time w/ other SB'ers. Of late I haven't been planning much however, this is not typical of me as most of you know, though I have been assisting with ITK, it is just I am living my own personal nightmare right now. Soon though, that will be over and I will be planning a clean-up for this area along with tons of other dives and you are saying I'll have to get permission to sticky an event that may bring out two dozen people? :w-t-f:

Something was said about checking w/ Howard, director of marketing. If you are wanting to market these event, which is well and good, wouldn't you want to hit the ones that are having the largest turnouts?

I'll just say I am really disappointed about this decision. The SB'ers should decide i.e, with obtaining a certain amount of divers/interest. I thought giving SB'ers what they wanted was the main point, no? I agree with Debby on this.

Additionally before there may or may not have been a lot of stickies, depends on your POV I guess, what there was was a great number of stickies for events that did NOT interest a large number of people.

If you have a dozen people interested in an event, then it should be stickied. This would be the most fair SB policy.

Why not just have one stickie called "Events" and have them link to a thread about it? I think this might already be in place?

Status
Not open for further replies.
https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom