Iberostar Paraiso Del Mar

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Diver Steve

Reaction score
Greetings to all:

New to the board and having spent the last several hours reading find it very informative.

Have a trip to Iberostar Paraiso Del Mar south of Cancun planned for next month. Looking for commnets from anyone who has stayed at this venue and used on-site Dressel for dives. Actual experience you had, good or bad, is greatly appreciated. Seems most negatives are cost. However, we value convenience so a few bucks is not that big a problem. However, safety is the most important. We have about 10 caribbean dives logged over the last three years, so we are far from experienced. We had a horror story in Punta Cana where what was supposed to be a reef dive wound up to be a cave dive and separated from the DM. Was almost ready to quit scuba after that. The dive shop was at our resort so it was convenient. However, I want to make sure that a Dressel dive or other is safe based upon those of you with personal experience.

Also, from this location what reef locations would you recommend?

Thanks to all.

Steve

Beautiful Resort / Complex... probably the nicest resorts I've stayed at. Dressel are very safety concious, a little too much for me. When I was there I wasn't certified yet and did a discover Scuba with them, so I won't be able to give tips on specific reef locations. My experience with Dressel is that you will probably have a limited bottom time the keeps you very far from any NDL and nice and easy vacation diving. Have fun i'm jealous

I used Dressel at the Delmar last June and they were very good. In fact my wife and I did 12 dives and these were our 1st ocean dives. Briefings are informative and the divemasters are top notch. If I remember, all dives are limited to a max of 45 minutes. Dressel has an excellant safety record.

Back
Top Bottom