Ideas for dive locations.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

mholmes

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
My wife and I are planning to take our daughter, son in law and two granddaughters on a trip to some warm water port for the purpose of SCUBA diving. Our daughter and youngest granddaughter will be working on open water certification. The oldest granddaughter got her OW at Dressel Pariso Beach in November of last year and may be working on AOW. I am AOW. My wife and son in law don't dive and have no interest in taking it up. I am looking for suggestions for a location.

Key Largo
Cozumel
Grand Cayman

There's scuba instruction and diving in Pierre, SD although I don't think I'd characterize the water there as warm. I've been diving around Hot Springs, SD, less than a 5 hour drive for you, but no local shops so you have to be self sufficient. Bring your stuff and you could be diving this weekend. This time of year you could dive it in 3mm. It's a beautiful area and the lake there is clear with good viz by freshwater standards.

How old is the youngest expected diver? If young enough, recommended depth restrictions may apply. So if you've got a 10 year old, for example, shallow dive sites may be a big draw.

What season of the year?

Richard.

What do the non-divers want to do while the divers are diving?
Wife may snorkel son-in-law sit by the pool and read. Youngest diver will be 10.

Cayman Brac,

Brac Scuba Shack Leisle and Martin run an awesome shop. Ultra patient and are exceptional with the kids and rookie divers. In my opoinion, they run one of the best dive operations around.

Rent a house with a pool, a condo or stay at Brac Reef Resort. I like BRR dive operation as well, exceptional dive crews.

Cheers

There might be more non-diving things to do in Mexico. A stay at one of the big hotels around Puertos Aventuras or Playa del Carman would have easy access to ruins, zip lines, etc.

2nd vote for Cozumel or Playa del Carmen area. With so many folks going, if budget is an issue, once you get there the costs are pretty reasonable. Amazing diving for divers. good snorkeling, even turtles for non divers. Snorkel or go swim in a cenote while the divers dive it. Ruins....chichen Itza, coba, tulum

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom