identifying a tank

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

@rjack321 wouldn't say they are likely to fail without the prestretch if the tanks have been used frequently and recently. I just had 2 PST tanks hydroed last month. they would have passed without a prestretch. talking to the hydro guy that seems to be the key, the prestretch becomes much more mandatory if the tanks have been empty and idle for a while.

hp100 with 7/8" valve threads and (only) a 300 bar outlet. Its intermittently either $$$ or challenging to source valves for these due to their age and the fact that this valve threading hasn't been used in 30 years. Be careful you don't ding the 300 bar outlet out of round as it'll be a big pain to replace it. They don't/can't take a convertible insert to yoke. Hydros require a pretest procedure or it's likely to fail so be sure to use someplace that understands galvanized scuba tank protocols for hydro - aka a shop that actually routinely hydro steel scubas.
well that IS unfortunate news. They are current set up manifolded as a double set-up.
I might still have the single valves that were in them when I first bought the tanks used.... before setting them up as doubles.
My plan is to leave them alone for the moment, but if any of my kids take to diving after their class, then I planned to get them hydro'd and set them up as singles. I was already debating ion my mind about setting them up with double outlet valves for use with two 1st stages... I currently have a double valve like that on my aluminum 80, leftover form my initial tech diving training...

I had read that about the hydro's... just figured they would know that.but I'll be sure to ask when I drop them off...thanks for the heads up!
well that's a releif...at least there's an option!

Piranha shows modular L/R valves and a full manifold available. Page 50 of the current Trident catalog has item #A245, which is listed as a 300 bar din valve 7/8-14.

John at NESS also occasionally has them available used.

well that IS unfortunate news. They are current set up manifolded as a double set-up.
I might still have the single valves that were in them when I first bought the tanks used.... before setting them up as doubles.
My plan is to leave them alone for the moment, but if any of my kids take to diving after their class, then I planned to get them hydro'd and set them up as singles. I was already debating ion my mind about setting them up with double outlet valves for use with two 1st stages... I currently have a double valve like that on my aluminum 80, leftover form my initial tech diving training...

I had read that about the hydro's... just figured they would know that.but I'll be sure to ask when I drop them off...thanks for the heads up!

well that's a releif...at least there's an option!
What kind of manifold? You can just plug the crossbar threads, although you'll have a left handed single tank it still works fine.

What kind of manifold? You can just plug the crossbar threads, although you'll have a left handed single tank it still works fine.
...and is perfect for Sidemount.

@SlugLife your tank is slightly different as it is the updated 3442 psi version E7-100 that came with regular 3/4 NPSM neck to use convertible din/yoke valves with. OP has the older 3500 psi 7/8 UNF neck that requires a 300 bar din valve.
Thanks! You just answered a question I had, but didn't ask yet! (I wanted to know if my tank-valve threads were 3/4 or 7/8 ).

Back
Top Bottom