If considering a purchase from ScubaDiverGreg

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello fellow forum members,

Looks like there's been alot of mud being slung my way. I'd like to clarify a few things. First of all, I don't really appreciate having my name posted in the title like that. I would rather not have my name posted blatantly on the Internet like that. Secondly, I noticed someone above mentioned that it did not come "sealed". I received the camera without any sort of plastic wrapping directly from where I bought it. Lots of electronics come in boxes you can open and close. Someone also mentioned that I should have tested the camera. If I did that, the camera wouldn't be new. I would have to remove the battary from it's packaging then use the camera. I wanted to sell it new and not used. The camera is covered under the factory's full warranty since it hasn't been used. The buyer can get it fixed or replaced free of charge. It is not my fault that the camera isn't working right out of the box. I understand the buyer is in a bad situation, but it is not my responsibility now. This is an issue between the new owner and the manufactuar. He can easily resolve the problem through the company, but instead he wants to let it all fall on my shoulders.

Greg,
I am disappointed that you feel this way. You might be right legally, but most of us would feel a moral obligation to make it right. Also, not all warranties will transfer.
I bought a used bottom timer a few months ago from another sb member. The bottom timer stopped working after about a month. I contacted the sb member who sold it to me who went out of his way to help me get a replacement from the manufacturer. This is what makes the sb marketplace such a great place.

Well, folks, this is one where the buyer should beware. Only authorized dealers are required to exchange / refund. If someone is just a reseller, then only the manufacturer's warranty applies.

While I understand OldmanandtheC's chagrin and frustration, I agree that it is poor form to lump this on ScubaDiverGreg's shoulders. IMO, OldmanandtheC: take responsibility for your decision and pursue the warranty.

It is possible that without the original receipt, the buyer may not be able to get the camera repaired or replaced. Most manufacturers only honor the warranty with the original purchaser, such as scubapro.

Mike, let us know if Sea and Sea honors the warranty.

Greg,
I am disappointed that you feel this way. You might be right legally, but most of us would feel a moral obligation to make it right. Also, not all warranties will transfer.
I bought a used bottom timer a few months ago from another sb member. The bottom timer stopped working after about a month. I contacted the sb member who sold it to me who went out of his way to help me get a replacement from the manufacturer. This is what makes the sb marketplace such a great place.

Carrie, there are a lot of entrepreneurs out there that collect / buy up new stuff from business that are closing or "clearance" items, and resale them. This is the nature of this Internet commerce "niche". It's hard to be morally obligated when your business is based on turnover.

Although not stated, I suspect this was a case of "all sales are final".

I have much enjoyed picking up 'stuff' in this manner for about 60% of what it would cost retail, but I also realize that I am assuming a risk. So far, I am ahead, but I have had to send a few things for repair.

Again, the OP seems to expect retail service at Internet resale prices.

Thanks for the warning. Although the seller has no legal obligation, his willingness to keep the money rather than ensure the buyer is staisfied says it all. You may have won the battle but will lose the war. I will NEVER buy anything he is selling, no matter how good the deal.

Thanks for the warning. Although the seller has no legal obligation, his willingness to keep the money rather than ensure the buyer is staisfied says it all. You may have won the battle but will lose the war. I will NEVER buy anything he is selling, no matter how good the deal.

So, if you knew that going in, it is still the seller at fault? :confused:

Where is the individual's responsibility in all this? Why is it someone else's fault? :idk:

Boy this guy sounds like a contractor I used. Dont you hate guys like this. People like him give divers a very bad name. He says he doesnt like his name being used. Oh well, make it right man. What comes around goes around.

The personal responsibilty is the part where I heeded the warning. You may want to run back to the community college you went to and get a refund.

We don't know what was discussed and what questions the buyer asked prior to the purchase, but regardless of fault, I believe in good customer service so I can continue to get more business down the road. That's why I have a high trader rating. So don't forget that you can leave feedback on this site to make others aware of your experience. I see the seller and buyer have no trader rating so far.

Wow, I really love all the slanderous remarks about my character and comments on how I am morally corrupt. Please take a look at my side for a second. I sold and sent a brand new camera; never touched, and never used. The buyer then contacts me and claims it doesn't work. How am I supposed to know it wasn't the buyer who did something to cause the camera not to work? I am not blaming the buyer in any way, but this is certainly a possibility that may have occurred. This camera can be easily fixed due to its factory warranty (if not damaged by the buyer). If the camera can be replaced/repaired free of charge, why is the buyer so adamant on returning it to me? I sent a perfectly brand new camera, and would receive one back that is opened, used, and broken. That is not fair... :ermm:

Status
Not open for further replies.
https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom