If you love diving you have to read this book

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

ooze

Reaction score
I got a book for my birthday, titled "Raising the dead" by Phillip Finch.

I'm about half way through and I literally can't put it down.

It's about Dave Shaw, the guy who went to fetch the body of a diver at the bottom of Boesman's Gat (bushman's hole) in South Africa, at a depth of over 250m. It's also a great story about cave diving in general.

At first I thought it'd scare me out of the water forever, but it's actually made me realise how calm and enjoyable good old fashioned reef diving is!

You can check out a review here"
Raising the Dead by Phillip Finch - Others, More Sports - The Independent

Get it and read it!

Later

Too bad the review gives away the ending. But I will still get it. Thanks

I have to say if you love diving read this book...

I loved it, but it made me want to chuck it all and quit real life and follow in this guys footsteps.

I picked this book up at the recent NSS-CDS Conference in Marianna, Florida, in the end of May. Anybody who wants to know about issues like carbon dioxide toxicity issues for rebreather diving must read this book. Especially if you intend on venturing into deeper rebreather diving, this is a book that you should certainly put at the top of your list. The book also brings up several other issues about things like dive progression and experience levels that can mean the difference between death and survival on challenging dives.

Raising the Dead is extremely well-written, and contains information at a level that will provide an education to even the most experienced of divers. I intend on adding it to the reading list for my rebreather students.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom