Ikelite 6081 Video Housing for Canon HD HG20/HG21 Camcorder

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

polyester1970

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
I have a Ikelite 6081 camcorder housing for sale. It's designed for the Canon HG20 or HG21 HD camcorder.

My HG20 broke, was under warranty so Best Buy replaced it with a newer model but it doesn't fit this Ikelite housing. So I'm stuck with a housing without a camera.

The Ikelite is in like-new condition. I've taken it on maybe 3-4 trips but always took great care of it, lubricated the o-rings, fresh water rinse after each dive, etc... I still have the original box. It also comes with a red filter and a view finder.

You can buy a used HG20/HG21 on eBay for under $200. The HG20/21 is actually an outstanding camera, with great low-light performance, and might be better than the one I have now even though its newer. When I bought the HG20 it was the top-of-the-line consumer HD camera and retailed for about $999. These replacement camera I got sold for about $650. The HG20/21 comes in either a 60GB disk drive or flash memory. I might recommend the flash memory since it uses less power.

I paid $1100 for the Ikelite. Asking $700 for it. I'm in the SF Bay Area.

IMG_0799.jpgIMG_0797.jpgIMG_0796.jpg

HG20 on eBay: hg20 in Camcorders | eBay
Ikelite 6081: Ikelite Housing for Canon Digital Video Cameras

Back
Top Bottom