Ikelite D200 housing.. taking orders...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I do not have the pricing yet...but I would say it will be between $1999 and $2199. the 20D is 1999 and the new 5D is 2199...so it will be in that range.

I am really looking forward to getting them. Im in hawaii right now playing with my new D200 and am really enjoying it. Its the nicest DSLR ive played with...for the price range anyways.

Generally in the U/w photo & video market, other than the polycarbonate housings...the price of the housings range from a bit over the camera body cost...up to about 50-75% more than the body (like Subal and Seacam).

The Aquatica is my favorite bec. it is a high quality machined aluminum housing that is not too costly (relatively speaking) and has excellent controls that are easy to use. Their housings are always well balanced in the water. They also provide excellent customer service should the need arise to use it...but I have yet to have any big issues with them.

So I went the D200 route and have a D100 Ikelite Clear Molded and two lense ports for sale. I have to say that Ikelite rocks with their product and support. The housing was just over-hauled because I was having issues at 140 feet with running the zoom. All better now, free of charge tune-up and D70 modes made to the housing.
Mike Ryan

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom