I'm home!!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Fish_Whisperer

Contributor
Reaction score
In a car underwater with time to kill....
# of dives
50 - 99
I'm back!!! I returned last Wednesday, around midnight, and took Thursday and Friday off. I've been washing dive gear, unpacking, doing laundry, catching up on mail, and a ton of other stuff. Lots of photos coming from a number of friends, and I'll post 'em up as soon as I can.

All of the usual suspects were out: Turtles, moray eels, eagle rays and stingrays, huge groupers, crabs, and monster lobsters... The reefs are recovering nicely, and it's unbelievable how much they've all grown and changed, since last April, when most of the reefs looked like White Christmas because of the sand all over them. I saw new many new coral beds that were growing, barrel sponges all over the place, and so many of the soft corals are truly roaring back again.... How wonderful it was to see that it had all come so far in such a short period of time!

The weather was good, all of the dives were good and smooth, and many rum & Cokes were killed, topside. I'm already saving my money to go back again, ASAP!! I love Cozumel, and I could easily see myself living there, someday.

Suffice to say, it was the best, most enjoyable vacation I've ever taken. I'm tan, happy, tired, and relaxed. Life is good....

The food was wonderful, too!! One night, we ate at The French Quarter. Another night, Lobsteria. Yet another night, we ate at a restaurant owned by three brothers... I can't remember the name, but it's near a giant shoe store, and it's two story, mission architecture... La Marinos? (I think that was the name of it...) Anyone know the place I'm talking about? We took the two dive masters that we felt helped us the most throughout the week, along with their families, out for dinner. :) "....and a good time was had by all."

Anyway, the food, service, and hospitality at ALL places, was just stellar... Possibly the best food I've ever eaten in my life.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom