I'm Moving to Florida!!!!!!!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

But here every weekend is like a vacation. Take tomorrow for instance I expect 80-90F suface temp, 80-85F H2O temp, and 60-80viz if not better:D
I had a mini-vacation today...drove to Jupiter and dove three tanks with a bunch o' really cool peeps, had a beer and some ribs and was home by 7. Nice warm water, good vis, plenty of turtles, lobsters, goliath groupers, angelfish, spotted morays, etc. etc. etc.

And the diff between hurricanes and earthquakes is that we know the 'canes are coming and we can prepare. A quake? Too scary for me!!! (So says the woman who grew up in SoCal)

I had a mini-vacation today...drove to Jupiter and dove three tanks with a bunch o' really cool peeps, had a beer and some ribs and was home by 7. Nice warm water, good vis, plenty of turtles, lobsters, goliath groupers, angelfish, spotted morays, etc. etc. etc.

And the diff between hurricanes and earthquakes is that we know the 'canes are coming and we can prepare. A quake? Too scary for me!!! (So says the woman who grew up in SoCal)

Sounds like a Dune Dog outing afterwards...

Quakes are usually and mostly nothing. We dont' even flinch down here unless it's over a 6.0. It's fun to watch the new to Cali people freak out while we barely notice though!

Hurricanes are year after year after year! We only get a big giant one every half century or so! ha ha ha

I will say this though Sam, if Cali goes bankrupt and they DO close all the state parks and such, I'm moving to Hawaii or Florida!! (or Portland or Seattle)

Although... FL isn't doing so hot either from what I understand!

Sam - Thanks for posting this, It's looking like I'm moving to South Florida this fall. Now I just have to decide between the West Palm area or Ft Lauderdale area, hmmm....

On my dive tomorrow I should have this view.

(not my photo)
339401150_uiNfn-M-2.jpg

What is that, parsley?

Sam, I just came upon this thread (and spent so much time reading the whole thing)! It's so cool that you're gonna become a Floridean! Yeah! My suggestion: forget living in cave county. It's beautiful country, but I can't picture you living there. I'd love to have you in Jupiter, you know that! But you need to do what's best for you! You have enough friends all up and down both coasts that maybe you can take an extended vacation (or several) before your final move, stay a week or more with friends in each location and explore the various offerings each area has to offer. No matter where you choose you're never gonna be far from friends. My opinion is that the best reef and wreck diving is on the east coast, and it's only hours away from cave country. I love living in Jupiter.....it fits my lifestyle, and FLL is not that far away. FLL has more to choose from as far as dive ops, beach diving (but we have BHB!), best martini bartender, and night life. There are more active SB'ers in the FLL area than here, so your social life would be fuller there. Venice has great fossil teeth diving, but how many teeth do you really need? The boats have to go farther out to get to the reefs on the west coast of Florida, and (my opinion) the diving is better here on the east coast. FLL is close to the Keys and Jupiter, Jupiter is closer to cave county and not far from FLL, but farther from the Keys. Lobster is to be had from Ft. Pierce to FLL and beyond. A lot to consider, my dear. Give us a breakdown, in terms of priority, what you're looking for and that will help make your choice (somewhat) less difficult. It's gonna be a hard choice no matter what! But we're glad you're gonna become one of us!!!!!! :banana::bounce4::bounce2::fire::fire::bounce2::bounce4:

https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom