I'm seriously considering a Fusion

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Greybeard47

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
I met Eric from Whites at a show in Toronto in Feb. I tried on a
Lg/Xl with jeans and a sweatshirt on.
I loved the mobility and ease of doing up the zip. Now I'm
really thinking of ordering one but I don't want to get the wrong size.
My weight goes from 200 to 215 just depends on the season.
Chest 44 waist 45 hips 41 butt 42 and I'm 5'10" when I do go
down in weight to 200 I loose around my waist. Round is a shape.:D
So what size should I get.

Do any of your LDS' stock them or have demo suits? The best bet would be to try on a couple sizes and see which one will fit you the best without hampering mobility or being too baggy, possibly even trying it on with the type of insulation you'd wear under the suit.

Good choice on the Fusion, I'm loving mine! Taking it ice diving tomorrow..

If your weight fluctuates between 200-215, you will be just fine in a LG/XL :wink: What water temps are you diving?

If you thought it was comfy in jeans, wait till your wearing an undergarment...jeans are so restricting and painful underwater

It that doesnt work, we can swap for a 2xl/3xl

Check with your LDS. They can help measure you for the suit (it is a rather involved set of measurements) and that will tell you what size suit you need. I had to have a custom made undergarmet yet the suit fit fine.

I now have three dives (36-39 deg F) in the combo and love it. Each puff of air is like a warm blanket and rolling to my right with my left upper arm elevated automatically vents it as I ascend. This is my first dry suit and it was suggested that I should have had to dive in an older type to fully appreciate just how well the Fusion concept works. :wink:

Dan

Check with your LDS. They can help measure you for the suit (it is a rather involved set of measurements) and that will tell you what size suit you need. I had to have a custom made undergarmet yet the suit fit fine.

I now have three dives (36-39 deg F) in the combo and love it. Each puff of air is like a warm blanket and rolling to my right with my left upper arm elevated automatically vents it as I ascend. This is my first dry suit and it was suggested that I should have had to dive in an older type to fully appreciate just how well the Fusion concept works. :wink:

Dan

The Fusion is actually the easiest suit to fit. Its very forgiving and the whole concept is having more material than needed for flexibility, allowing for a custom fit and very easy placement in sizes. Its NOT an involved set of measurements at all...Actually NO drysuit is hard. You take the measuring form to a tailor or your wife, and they fill it out....viola you have your measurements. On the fusion this is unneccessary unless you are an odd size which the OP is not....the measurements he provided are more than enough....

Who did your custom undergarment? Whites doesnt customize undergarments...did you take it to a local tailor?

Greybeard- we might need to get a 2XL/3XL to try too....let me know and we can send both for you to try....you keep the one that fits better :wink:

I am 5'11" and weigh 215 and I wear a L/XL, even with a thick fleece undergarment my Fusion fits like a glove.

Phil

Thanks everyone. As for the temps I will be diving here, they range from a balmy
33 deg F to a blistering 65 deg F. I will be contacting the local LDS that carries the Fusion
to see what kind of deal I can get. If that doesn't work out Mike I will PM you later tomorrow.

skdvr thanks that was just what I was looking for.

Hey make sure if you order the tech skin to ask to add the pockects if you want them. Whites is new for my LDS and I wasn't offered pockets on my tech skin when I ordered it. Just an FYI.

Great suit though. Really fits like a custom glove. I also followed others advice on using the Chuck Taylors for a boot. These are awesome. Just bump up two sizes on the shoe.

Hey make sure if you order the tech skin to ask to add the pockects if you want them. Whites is new for my LDS and I wasn't offered pockets on my tech skin when I ordered it. Just an FYI.

All the more reason to buy it from the pros :wink: You dont want to be the learning curve for your LDS...costs you more money and you dont get what you needed...Let us help to make sure you know everything about your suit and ALL possible options and figure out your needs.

Great suit though. Really fits like a custom glove. I also followed others advice on using the Chuck Taylors for a boot. These are awesome. Just bump up two sizes on the shoe.

But my shoes are already the size of small boats. Do they make size 15s?

Back
Top Bottom