Images from San Diego shore dives

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

MissyP:
ShakaZulu:
How deep did you go?? It was 20-30 around 110ft???

QUOTE]

Aha, maybe that was the problem.. We only went to 35 ft, the vis was maybe 5 ft at best, and the surge was pretty rough at times. Not a pleasant day at the cove (for me anyway!).

Yep, that's the depth where all the students learn how to kick up sand. Got to go deeper...........all the kewl stuff is deeper anyway.

shaxs:
Hey Terry, I just got back from Mexico using my Cannon a70 and underwater casing. What kind of Equipment do you use? I may be in the market for new photo gear because I had a blast taking pictures underwater.

http://xoopshq.com/cgi-t/gallery.cgi?Mexico Pictures from my trip...Underwater ones are near the bottom of the thumbnails. I did not bother to resize them, sorry! These were also my first attempt at underwater photography, so please forgive me!

Shaxs,
I'm interested to know why you need new photo gear. Your photos seem just fine (I had to laugh at the sea-lion-in-your-face pic; that is just sooo typical!) I have the a75, which is basically the same camera as yours and I like it a lot.

Just so you can see how it is possible to improve pics after the event, I have cleaned up one of yours in photoshop. Now you can see you took a really nice pic you never knew you had, eh?

roundray.jpg

While I use photoshop a lot, I hate to have to clean up every pic one by one....but for the time being I will stick with what I got. My case was leaking a tad, so I did something smart, but a tad gross. I stuck a tampon in the case to absorb all the moisture..haha. Not the easiest thing to find in the middle of Mexico and was a tad embarassing, but it worked like a charm.

And yes, those sea lions are.....friendly. I dove with someone other than my buddy because he got sea sick on the way there. So, I am diving with a stranger who hasent dove in a year and he got freaked out by them. They would come up and gnaw on you playfully, but at 40 ft its a little nerve racking. When there were 5 of them coming at me from all angles, I got a little nervous myself; especially when they tired to take my hood off haha

shaxs:
While I use photoshop a lot, I hate to have to clean up every pic one by one....but for the time being I will stick with what I got. My case was leaking a tad, so I did something smart, but a tad gross. I stuck a tampon in the case to absorb all the moisture..haha. Not the easiest thing to find in the middle of Mexico and was a tad embarassing, but it worked like a charm.

And yes, those sea lions are.....friendly. I dove with someone other than my buddy because he got sea sick on the way there. So, I am diving with a stranger who hasent dove in a year and he got freaked out by them. They would come up and gnaw on you playfully, but at 40 ft its a little nerve racking. When there were 5 of them coming at me from all angles, I got a little nervous myself; especially when they tired to take my hood off haha

Ah, well for a small inducement I could be tempted to show you how to automate the procedure so you don't have to do 'em one at a time......

As for the tampon, well I checked your profile and... it says..... male......no, I don't think I will enquire any further! (But maybe that explains what the sea lions were goggling at).

Peter

Peter McGuinness:
As for the tampon, well I checked your profile and... it says..... male......no, I don't think I will enquire any further! (But maybe that explains what the sea lions were goggling at).

Peter

:lol3: Can't think of anything to say because I'm too busy laughing at the tampon thing.. hey, whatever works lol

Lol, trust me I went though all my medicane bottles looking for those nifty moisture packets.... not a one in sight. And yes, I am male. I made friends with a family and became drinking buddies with this guy, and he asked his wife for a tampon "no questions asked". I left my jacket at their condo one night and he brought it over and said he had a present in my pocket.

When I was on the boat, I was trying to hide it from people haha. It was embarassing!

Shaxs, I definitely would evaluate your housing. My camera housing leaked just a few drops and my camera died. Something is seriously wrong with your housing or your o-rings.... I would not take your camera in that housing again until you know it's not leaking...

sean we all know you ran out of tampons to put in your camera and thats why it flooded, i told you to use maxi pads!

Yeah, you got me there Tyler! I was lucky you had your Maxi pads handy! (I know you get yours in pairs like your tanks!)

Considering the report I got from Olympus, those internal parts are very vulnerable to sea water. It's probably just a matter of time before his camera starts malfunctioning from rust. I really hope it's not the case!! Paul was telling me people wrap plastic around their camera when shooting pictures on the beach just to prevent salt particles getting on/in their camera... That reminds me to get the flood insurance!

Thanks Tyler!

Back
Top Bottom