In Memory of Amy Pieno

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Lead_carrier

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
As many of you have read Amy passed away in a diving accident on Oct. 16th. She and her husband, John, ran Outer Banks Diving. She was a wonderful lady and was always a joy to see and talk to. A memorial college fund will be set up for their 2 children, Kailee and Johnnyboy. Information will be available on their website. She will greatly missed by so many.

The memorial fund for her children is a great idea, and a very nice tribute to Amy. She was a loving mother and a warm person. She will be missed by her family and her diving friends.

I am still heartbroken and shocked about Amy's passing. What a great person! Practically anybody who dives along Hatteras/Ocracoke had met her. She managed the dive shop of Outer Banks Diving and I will always remember her as carrying on several conversations at once with customers as they all packed in at the same time to have their tanks filled for the next morning's dive. Funny, smart, good-hearted, outgoing, you name it. She helped spread the word about my diving novels and in fact she sold the very first copies at a retail level years ago. Her husband John and her kids are in my prayers. Just go to their website and you will see what a great diving and island life they were living. Very, very sad week for the Outer Banks diving community. Amy, we miss you! RIP

I just found out about Amy's passing and am heartbroken. My thoughts and prayers go to Johnny, the children and all of the family for this terrible loss.

Amy was a wonderful woman - kindhearted, smart, funny, passionate about her family and diving. I know I am not alone in saying that I will miss her deeply.

Capt Johnny,

I dove with you in 2007 and has the pleasure of meeting you and your awesome family. You even took my buddy and me to your house to show us some of your treasures.....you didnt warn Amy that a couple of strangers were coming over to intrude on your home life, she just took in stride. You also gave me my first Clive Cussler book. We spent some time with your family and we (my buddy and I were so impressed at your family team). My condolences and prayers . Be strong.

Jack Burton

Words cannot express the emotions of sadness. Amy, I will miss you. Rest in Peace.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom