In memory of Michelle

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

rosie davies

Reaction score
I don't know if this is the right place to place this post but, when my daughter died scuba diving I promissed her that I would in her memory remind other divers to never be complacent. Tomorrow May 17th it will be 2years, 730 days since her fatal dive off Farnsworth. We are grateful that the dive master tried to get to her quickly and brought her up, we never said thankyou for that, thankyou. We still wish her dive buddie had what it took but, you never know really how you in the same situation might react. We're still heart broken that her dive buddie never even dropped a note of sympathy, I guess he was as afraid of being sued as he was afraid of bein taken down by a fellow diver in trouble, we never did sue, he has to live with his secret. We never truly will know what happened, but we know a daughter is missing a sister and my husband and I still cry. So in memory of Michelle double check your dive gear, get a physical, plan your dives carefully and remember that you and your dive buddie where taught to count on each other. It goes both ways.

P.S. if your near the ocean tomorrow drop a flower in the sea for Michelle, that would mean alot to us and her sister. be safe, strong, smart and fearless

My Dad lives on the water, and I'm crashing at his place tonight, I'll drop a flower in the morning before I head off to work. My condolonces to your family, a family member is irreplacable. May God bless you and your family.

Many here at Scubaboard will have heartfelt thoughts on you message and we will remember your daughter Michelle tommorrow, but most of all we will remember you and your family today.
Best regards,
David

We read all the time about various tragedies on this board, but your post tonight Rosie, really made me stop and think for a second. I hope as time has gone on, the suffering has become less of a burden for you and your family, I read the past threads that Uncle Pug posted, and Michelle seemed wonderful.
My thoughts are with you all.

Dave

I'm a spouse and parent of 3. When we go to Mexico next week, I will say a prayer for your daughter and your family. While they are in your memories and thoughts, they are never truly neither lost nor gone.

Hy

My condolences Rosie, I will think of your daughter.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom