In Search of a Support Group

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

It's not too late until you say "Honey I need another wetsuit for 73 degree water oh, and one for 74 degree water, ummm and another for 75 degree water. Yes you CAN tell the difference honey, HONEST!"
LOL!
Ber :lilbunny:

CAPNVINNY:
But Honey,you wouldn't want that old gear to crap out on me at depth?
that depends on how much life insurance you carry :lol:

Step 1) we admited to ourselfs that we were powerless over our desires for equipment and c-cards, that our diving has become unmanagable.
Step 2) we came to believe that a certifying agency greater and better than our LDS could restore us to sanity.
Step 3) We made a decision to turn our desire for diving over to a power greater than Scuba Board.
I think I need a white chip myself!!

I can't get any dive gear for a while. I can't afford the air to go diving until next week.

(Opening music to star wars playing in the background, the heavy breathing begins) go with the dark side my son (end of heavy breathing)

See, here's where DIR is so superior. Once you've bought your backplate and wing, and your can light, and your two backup lights, and your knife, and your gauge and compass, and your jetfins, and your appropriate exposure protection, and your black mask -- you're done! No excuse to upgrade, unless you bought a 10W HID to begin with.

At least until you need the doubles, with the manifold and bands, and the doubles wing, and two more regulators, and the deco bottle and another regulator . . . :)

TSandM:
See, here's where DIR is so superior. Once you've bought your backplate and wing, and your can light, and your two backup lights, and your knife, and your gauge and compass, and your jetfins, and your appropriate exposure protection, and your black mask -- you're done! No excuse to upgrade, unless you bought a 10W HID to begin with.

At least until you need the doubles, with the manifold and bands, and the doubles wing, and two more regulators, and the deco bottle and another regulator . . . :)

Well, a second set of doubles are nice. Then, you are really set. Except you might need an O2 analyzer. And a transfill whip. And then you will have everything you will ever need.

Except a scooter. And you might want to upgrade to the speed shift. And maybe an integrated camera. And how long does the scooter run? Maybe you need another battery. In which case, you might also want the long body.

See? DIR diving isn't all that gear intensive, right?

And it's such a pain finding helium fills, when you can put a compressor and some bank bottles in your garage . . . And buy a tumbler so you can O2 clean your tanks . . .

Is this an infinite series, or does it reach a limit at some point? Or only approach a limit asymptotically? (Which would at least mean the gear purchases would get SMALLER . . . )

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom