Inconceivable! It's Ike!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

And Ike this morning is.. a CAT 4

Hurricane Ike

AL0908W5.gif

Ike jumped from Tropical Storm to Cat-4 in just 12 hours last night and hasn't even hit the warmest waters yet. Good that it wasn't bearing down on populated areas when the surprise explosion hit. This is a classic Cape Verde-type storm of tremendous potential and may well approach Florida at an angle that will take it all of it. 3-1/2 shopping or escape days left and it may be already getting weird on the hiways and in the stores, I don't know...?

Attachments

• Ike.gif
    Ike.gif
    33.8 KB · Views: 53
Last edited:
Hey Colin,

Here is wishing you well buddy! I hope all these storms turn on one another, and peter out, but unlikely.. :shakehead:

Batten down what ever hatches you have, and hold on tight! I wish the best for you, your family, and all the folks in FL and other areas impacted by these storms.

I'm just glad I haven't taken down my shutters yet.

Colin,

How does this year compares to others,it just seems worse to me.

Stay safe.

Thanks for all the updates, I'm starting to get really bummed. My last dive was cancelled thanks to Fay, and looks like our two planned upcoming dives are gonna be cancelled too. But thoughts and prayers that everyone stays ok.

Hey Colin,

Here is wishing you well buddy! I hope all these storms turn on one another, and peter out, but unlikely.. :shakehead:

Batten down what ever hatches you have, and hold on tight! I wish the best for you, your family, and all the folks in FL and other areas impacted by these storms.
Wishful thinking but, eh.. our luck it'd be the "Perfect Storm" and a movie would be made about how Florida was cut in half by a hurricane. :D

We're doing great here - the sailboat is tied up proper, there's plenty to eat, cook with (dropped a bunch of trees!) and even a few thousand .22 rounds for small game and cast nets.. we're in great shape.

I'm just glad I haven't taken down my shutters yet.
what are shutters? Is that just before a seizure? "Oh dear, he's shuttering.."

Colin,

How does this year compares to others,it just seems worse to me.

Stay safe.
Evert - its not as busy as 2004 and 2005 were, but its definitely got that Air Traffic Control look to things doesn't it? "Hanna, your cleared for landing on runway 330.."

Thanks for all the updates, I'm starting to get really bummed. My last dive was cancelled thanks to Fay, and looks like our two planned upcoming dives are gonna be cancelled too. But thoughts and prayers that everyone stays ok.
I'm starting to call Ike... yIKEs! I'm so used to storm disrupted diving that I'm not even scheduling now, I've decided it may be worth my while to just keep a tank around and dive at opportunity. :)

Bleargh. We're gonna get killer tornadoes in Nashville...better go put more batteries in the NOAA radio that wakes me up in time to put on the bike helmet and cower in the bathroom. (No basements around here, everything built on limestone...)

Currently down to a 3 but looks like it will be building up again.

at200809_5day.gif

Back
Top Bottom