info on sherwood Oasis?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

laserdoc:
Yes but how often do you have a reg break on you when you are traveling. I also have a older oasis thats about 15 years old. I toss this one in the dive bag just in case something does happen. Never had to use it. Always get my regs serviced once a year before the big dive trip even if they don't need it anyway.
far too often for my taste, see http://www.scubaboard.com/showthread.php?t=152757

Sherwood SCUBA rep.:
Need to clear up a misunderstanding. The Oasis is not a "warm water only" regulator its the same reg as the Blizzard except for the heat transfer and teflon coated demand lever (oasis does not have ). I live and dive in So Cal year round and have had zero problems with it to water as cold 48. Its a good bang for the buck reg.

There are other regs that cost more and possibly breathe a little better (though the Sherwoods seems to breathe a bit more "naturally" (for lack of a better word). They are fairly bulletproof. My 1986 model works just fine. Been to 200', been in 42 degree water, no whistles, bells, knobs, adjustments to mess with. All this said, I like the older model Oasis and Oasis 2s better than the current model.

Back
Top Bottom