Information about these regs

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I had a Pacer XL like that - around 1982. Mares bought out Dacor a decade later and all the molds were destroyed so finding parts would be a real challenge. My dealer told me they couldn't service mine anymore around 1998. I'd pass...

The Conshelf Supreme is probably still serviceable - someone that knows more about that then I do here can probably advise. I think it's possibly even older than the Dacor - first produced in 1976 then various models till the mid-80's. I don't know what 1st stage that is - which would likely determine which Conshelf that is.

Judging from the pictures, it looks pretty decent - no chrome pitting on the 2nd, decent rubber etc. Some of them have plastic/rubber parts that get brittle with age - including the exhaust tee but replacements are available online - they're pretty popular. I see them on eBay regularly.

Vintage Double Hose sells the service kits and misc parts. Shop Online - Conshelf

There should be several threads about them here on ScubaBoard also.

The USD/AL is a Conshelf, a very good reg even by todays standards. You have the Supreme version which was/is environmentally sealed. That model most likely has the silicone fluid chamber in it. Unless you dive very cold water it is NOT necessary to keep the seal or you can upgrade it to the later dry one. All the parts you need to service it are easily available both from Aqualung ( dealer service) or VDH has all the parts if you care to DIY. The Conshelf first stage is about as good a first stage as you can get, don't dismiss it just because it is older and/or not "cool". The Conshelf was (is??) the reg of choice of the US military well past when it was sold to the general public.

The Dacors unfortunately are a different matter. That appears to be a 900 series first stage. While some aftermarket parts are available for Dacors, it not that easy. Dacor was bad about changing designs within a model and you have to have the CORRECT version to go with the other internal parts. The only way to tell which you have is to open it up. Bottom like you might get lucky and you might not. The second stages are a different matter, most use common generic parts so servicing them is not a problem and contrary to what some may tell you, they are actually quite good second stages when properly set up.

Back
Top Bottom