Inon AD lens questions

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Larry C

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
Ack! Off to Fiji in a few hours and I added new eqpt.
Yesterday I was in Monterey, so I stopped at Backscatter and bought a pair of Inon AD lenses (165 UCL & 105UWL) to go with the AD adapter I bought a long time ago and never installed until late last night when I discovered the machinework required to do it without the Inon tray set-up for the strobes.
I won't be able to download my pics and check them closely in Fiji, and I've got a couple of questions on using these lenses.
For the close-up lens, should I be in Macro and zoom it or super macro with no zoom? Will it allow macro to focus closer in? If I use manual focus, how will it affect my focus distance shown in inches on screen?

For the Wide angle lens, which focuses down to 8", should I keep the camera in macro and expect the lens to take care of infinity or should I be in normal focus mode and let the lens take care of the closer focus distance than the camera would normally do? Hope somebody is up and reading on a holiday morning. I'd be diving if we weren't flying out at 3:30.

I know, when you add new eqpt. always allow practice time, but I'm an idiot and the wife was there and feeling generous after spending $300 to fix her "brand new" $400 e-bay dry suit.

Leave the camera in NORMAL focus mode for the 105AD.

What is your fitting problem, I have a spare Inon single arm tray you could borrow?

I made an adapter for my Inon/DC-12 housing to a Ikelite tray, was not hard.

Edit, oh, you are leaving today, well, hope it works out for you and all goes well.

N

Thanks Nem. My whole rig is homemade. I just had to drill a couple of hole and shorten two 6mm allen screws to mount the base plate. Normal focus it is!

Back
Top Bottom