INON Cage/Lens vs SRP (or Flip3.1)

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

MrBlonde87

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Hi all,

I'm curious if anyone uses the INON cage and wide angle/macro lens for the gopro. I'm trying to decide between that setup or the more simple SRP (or Flip3.1) setup for my trip to Cocos later this year. Let me know what you think if you've tried one or the other, or both!

Cheers!

I use the SRP filter on the GoPro set to 1080/60/narrow using the LCD Bacpack on a collapsible pole. I get great results and is my preferred setup. I know a two handed rig is more stable but I choose this option because it is the perfect mix between enjoying my dive and getting great footage - vs - getting better footage but sacrificing my second hand for the entire dive. It also gets me much closer to marine life without spooking them. I did a video on my setup and if interested you can find it from the link in my signature. But for me SCUBA is for pure fun, so I'm not going crazy on the footage - otherwise I'd setup one of my camcorders or a DSLR for SCUBA. But, that would be too much work for me and would take the fun out of it. I guess it depends on your preference.

I have the back scatter flip system on my Hero4.

Once I got it on the camera, it's been easy to use, just load up the filters you want for the dive, and dive.

However last weekend, I found out that in the case of a +10 lens vs. a boltsnap, the boltsnap wins. Many thanks to Rob @ Backscatter for quickly shipping out some replacements!

That probably would happen to any lens that decides to go and try to break a boltsnap.

The only complaint I have, is they don't have the Greenwater filter in a 55mm thread (yet).

BRad

Thanks for the suggestions. I've got a dive in two weeks so my filter will be delivered by then.

Cheers!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom