Inon D-2000 vs D-2000S

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Z-240 guide number is 24, measured in meters, through air (not water), at ISO 100.
Z-240 offers a hard wired (sync cord) option for triggering. D 2000 and 2000S are optically triggered. If you can find a discontinued D 2000W however, that offered a sync cord option.

D 2000 series strobes by INON all are rated at guide number 20, meters, air, ISO 100.

bobf:
Z-240 guide number is 24, measured in meters, through air (not water), at ISO 100.
Z-240 offers a hard wired (sync cord) option for triggering. D 2000 and 2000S are optically triggered. If you can find a discontinued D 2000W however, that offered a sync cord option.

D 2000 series strobes by INON all are rated at guide number 20, meters, air, ISO 100.

Any particular preference, bobf?

I'm sure a well cared for D 2000 or D-2000S will hold much of their value if in a couple of years from now you decide to switch to a dSLR that requires a sync cord to send the signal to trigger the external strobe. If however a dSLR is imminent, then the Z-240 makes more sense since it can be triggered both optically or electronically.

I'm not a fan of Auto Exposure. Personally, and unless I'm on a night dive when TTL has proven to me to be more reliable with my particular rig, I use manual strobe control. Although I have never personally used it, I've only heard good reports regarding INON's S-TTL circuitry~technology. The differences between the 2000 and 2000S come down to a target light and Auto. Since I can do without either feature (i have a mini q-40 to aid focus when necessary), I might opt to save the $60 difference and choose the 2000S.

bobf:
I'm sure a well cared for D 2000 or D-2000S will hold much of their value if in a couple of years from now you decide to switch to a dSLR that requires a sync cord to send the signal to trigger the external strobe. If however a dSLR is imminent, then the Z-240 makes more sense since it can be triggered both optically or electronically.

I'm not a fan of Auto Exposure. Personally, and unless I'm on a night dive when TTL has proven to me to be more reliable with my particular rig, I use manual strobe control. Although I have never personally used it, I've only heard good reports regarding INON's S-TTL circuitry~technology. The differences between the 2000 and 2000S come down to a target light and Auto. Since I can do without either feature (i have a mini q-40 to aid focus when necessary), I might opt to save the $60 difference and choose the 2000S.

Well said I agree.

Back
Top Bottom