Inon D-2000W question

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

blueline

Reaction score
Hi ,

I recently got my hands on the new Inon D-2000W and I am in the process of studying the electronic version of the manual supplied by dealer(160 pages!). Question is, does anyone know if the focus light comes on when you depress the shutter half way? Is it supposed to do that? I heard that on the older Z220 (?), it would come on everytime you depressed the shutter half way, and it would turn off while firing to avoid hot spots. Also, what exactly does the magnet supplied do? My camera is an Oly 5050 with PT-015. Trying to learn the ropes asap for upcoming trip.

Any assistance in this matter would greatly be appreciated.
Blueline.

I've used the D2000 once with my canon s70. The magnet had to do with the preflash setting. As far as the focus light goes, you either press it and it stays on for about 7 seconds and then when the strobe fires, the focus light turns off. You can also press it and lock it so that it's always on, and turns off when the strobe fires.

Hope this helps.

If your D2000 is similar to my D-180 the shutter has nothing to do with turning the focus light on or off.

The control on the strobe itself is for turning the focus light on. Pushing the focus light switch in turns the light on for 8 seconds. The activation of the strobe turns the focus light off before the 8 seconds are up. Pushing it in then turning the switch to the left or right will make the focus light stay on permanently. The activation of the strobe still turns it off momentarily.

The camera's shutter activates the cameras built in strobe which in turn activates the D2000 which in turn shuts off the focus light.

The magnet does not get inserted on your model camera.

I'll tell you from experience to bring a set of those mini phillips head screwdrivers with you on your trip. I had the focus light switch come loose and could have used the screwdrivers in Bali.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom