Inon UWL-100 in the US

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I finally got a lens, but I didn't get the Inon. I was ordering one, but the store, Divervison.com, turned to be out of Taiwan. They claimed they could get it to me in time, but after emailing back and forth between them for a couple of days, it turns out I could only pay by paypal, which I will not use anymore due to some account issues I had with them a few months ago. Someone hacked my account, ordered a Xbox 360 off of Ebay, and had it sent to Vietnam. It took three weeks for Paypal to refund my money, and they were a royal pain in the butt about it, so I refuse to use them again.

That said, I opted for the Epoque DCL-20 from Helix Photo out of Chicago. I spoke with them on the phone on Monday, they were very friendly, and I already have it today for my trip. It also helps that the lens is $265 vs $329, and from what I've read, the difference is minimal.

3 more days to Cozumel!!!!

tamorgen:
I finally got a lens, but I didn't get the Inon. I was ordering one, but the store, Divervison.com, turned to be out of Taiwan. They claimed they could get it to me in time, but after emailing back and forth between them for a couple of days, it turns out I could only pay by paypal, which I will not use anymore due to some account issues I had with them a few months ago. Someone hacked my account, ordered a Xbox 360 off of Ebay, and had it sent to Vietnam. It took three weeks for Paypal to refund my money, and they were a royal pain in the butt about it, so I refuse to use them again.

That said, I opted for the Epoque DCL-20 from Helix Photo out of Chicago. I spoke with them on the phone on Monday, they were very friendly, and I already have it today for my trip. It also helps that the lens is $265 vs $329, and from what I've read, the difference is minimal.

3 more days to Cozumel!!!!

Good for you!
What's the price difference between those 2 companies?
Have a nice trip!!!

Divervision.com was selling the Epoque for $197 + $30 in shipping. I'm also suspecting there would be customs fees assessed. Helix offered it for $265 + $9 shipping. I paid a little more, but I didn't have to use Paypal, and I kept my dollar in the US where it belongs. The Epoque is a really nice lens, and I'm looking forward to trying it out in Cozumel on Saturday. If I can only finish packing... damn having to work tomorrow!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom