insperation rebreather computer

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

gizmo1972

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
5000 - ∞
Good day all
im looking for a replacement insperation evo electronics handset as my display has faild any ideas on costs???
many thanks
Rob

IMHO.
1. Make Inspo KISS again :wink: with any CCR computer(s) with Fischer cable.
2. Make Inspo KISS again with PPO2 gauge(s)
3. Make Inspo ECCR again with any controller(s) you can get (Hammerhead or some like that)
4. Look at AV1 Head for Inspiration Vision rebreather | AV Underwater Technologies if you can deal with transport issues
5. Call to AP Diving and pray "please help"

IMHO.
1. Make Inspo KISS again :wink: with any CCR computer(s) with Fischer cable.
2. Make Inspo KISS again with PPO2 gauge(s)
3. Make Inspo ECCR again with any controller(s) you can get (Hammerhead or some like that)
4. Look at AV1 Head for Inspiration Vision rebreather | AV Underwater Technologies if you can deal with transport issues
5. Call to AP Diving and pray "please help"
On #5, good luck with that

#1-4, all viable options IF the OP is willing to turn his machine into a project, Franken-Inspo style (can’t instruct with that, per most agencies).

Also, no guarantee that any of these alternatives will be much less expensive – a new handset alone would send you back at least a grand, plus all the integration, wiring, etc.

AV-1 is a fantastic controller, way ahead of many brands in capability (e.g. running in parallel both ccr and bailout deco plans, showing tts for both!). I’m sure Alexei would have no problem integrating solid state cells into his product too. BUT, with the current state of geopolitics, logistics and support in/out of Russia make this option very hypothetical, imho.

For full disclosure, as a Vision owner, I like that they are a good basis for aftermarket mods, a lot of them plug-and-play. I also dive an AV-1 lid, and I am now talking to Martin about building an mCCR lid, with Petrel 3 for monitoring. If needed, I can roll it back to the original configuration in about 15 minutes (well, a bit longer if I have to fit it all in the ‘suitcase’)

Good day all
im looking for a replacement insperation evo electronics handset as my display has faild any ideas on costs???
many thanks
Rob
The AP 2020 Vision is great I have. If I were to choose I would be sure the Shearwater Petral 3 is no better. I use this as my off board 2nd.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom