Instead of Diving now I'm....

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

driftin' by

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Surfing the net in Cozumel. :( I blew out my ear drum Wednesday while descending on Maraciabo. What a weird sensation it was. No pain, just a stinging in my throat where salt water rushed in, bubbles coming out of my ear, and a dizzying effect of nausea. I'd been congested over the last week but able to equalize. I guess all that nose blowing weakened the membrane and 6 dives was all I was to get this trip. It was interesting to visit one of the chambers where I saw an ENT to diagnose the problem.

I give a full report when I get back home. Until then, if you happen to see me, make sure to speak clearly into my right ear. :D

Josh, that just sucks! Glad you were able to get a few dives in. Have the currents subsided any. I kind of know how you feel a little, I had to come back after 3 days & then get phone calls from Connie the rest of the week telling me how great the diving was! Hang in there...just go to the east side & have fun.

Mike

Oh no! Sorry to hear that. Did you see Piccolo or Gomez? (Piccolo is excellent) Think about getting checked out again before the flight home... hate to state the obvious, but it's not going to be the most enjoyable airplane experience you've ever had... after I blew out a sinus, I was glad to have the meds for the plane ride. Still not too comfortable but it was tolerable.

Try and enjoy the rest of your trip.

Wow! That's too bad. You could take the ferry over to the mainland and hit some mayan ruins and such. No sense for it to be a total bust.
Wouldn't head over there today or tomorrow... I have a couple friends staying south of Playa and they are having a bad storm. Last night washed a couple pangas way up onto the beach, beach bar/restaurant had tables broken, power out all night and most of the morning. Seas are very rough and the forecast is for more of the same.

If it's better on Cozumel, stay there.

Josh,

I'm SOOOO sorry to hear this! Please take care of yourself...at least it is only a temporary setback in the grand scheme of things!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom