Instructor Manual

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

ok..thanks for DRsharky..so i think i may take the hardcopy,i'm old fashion,ha
but the hard copy cannot be updated

I'm old fashioned - and I think having both is a good thing. The hard copy I think is actually easier to use during your IDC (depends somewhat on your familiarity with the whole thing) but it's not exactly portable so I have the electronic copy also.

When I say easier to use - I mean - some people make the mistake of trying to search for something on the electronic version and it will return a gazillion hits on the search term. If you don't know where you're supposed to be looking in the first place then it can actually be harder to find stuff than flipping pages!

The hard copy can indeed be updated - PADI publish updates which can be downloaded and printed and they instruct you as to where to make any corrections that are necessary.

Cheers

C.

so i just asked my self this question for PADI. Im taking my IE on Aug 30th... Wish me luck. I was told i can get updates for free for the electronic version.Also, you can always print :) i know its alot to print, but might be worth it. I was also thinking about traveling weight with hard copy. Just some thoughts :) GOOD LUCK. IE= Instructors Exam

And is that true?If I become a instructor,I can get the FREE softcopy??

The manual is usually included in the price you pay for your instructor training. It isn't free by any means, but you can think of it that way since you have to pay that fee anyway.

O...boulderjohn,thanks..now i totaly understand.So i will decide to buy hardcopy first,and later when i enroll to IE,i will 'buy' for the softcopy.Is good to have both,right?

O...boulderjohn,thanks..now i totaly understand.So i will decide to buy hardcopy first,and later when i enroll to IE,i will 'buy' for the softcopy.Is good to have both,right?
Are you a PADI Divemaster?

Why do you need to have one before you begin your training?

The instructor manual is (or at least was included for me) in the price of the course. It is not for free, of course. But I don't see a reason to buy it before you start it. Then you might end up with 2 manuals if your course will include it in the package.
And yes it is too heavy to travel with it :)
And also it is correct that you get free updates.

Back
Top Bottom