Instrument consoles

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Zept

Contributor
Reaction score
Does anyone make a double console that can be configured with a pressure gauge and compass on the front, and a depth gauge on the back? I have seen pressure/depth with compass on the back, and depth/compass with pressure on the back, and pressure/compass with no depth gauge... but not, as yet, the combo that would suit me best.

Thanks for any suggestions,

Zept

The sherwood CNC can be configured like you describe.

Currently mine is setup with the compass and the computer on same side and the SPG on the other.

Check out the USD Pivot. One can place a depth gauge and compass back to back with a pressure gauge on the front. The DG and Comp pivot and thus one can have either the DG or the comp out front with the pressure gauge. Works well if you wish to dive with a console. I like just have a pressure gauge clipped to my BC on the left and having my computer and compass (when I have a compass) on my arm. But, that's preference.... :)

I have a USD Pivot console. Keeps the console down to an easy size to handle and yet its easy to get to everything. Hope you find what's best for you.

The Sherwood does have the set up you desire. I plan on buying one at LeisurePro. They are inexpenisve, too.

Many thanks for all your ideas.

Suunto is very popular in this part of the world (Singapore), even though we are a long way from Finland. I've not seen much Sherwood or US Divers gear, but I'll see if I can track down their stockists.

Two of my LDSs say that USD has discontinued their pivot console. I started with that one, and my whole family uses it! I have moved up to the Suunto Cobra, which eliminates all of those problems!

Hi Zept -

I believe Divers' Dreams in the Adelphi carrys some Sherwood and U.S.Divers equipment (try this site - http://www.diversdreams.com/retail.html), while Divemasters Pratama are the authorised local distributors for U.S.Divers under their present name, Aqualung - http://www.divemastersonline.com/1.htm. In fact their website also mentions they stock the Aqualung Pivot Data Pro 2 if that's what you're looking for.

Is there a particular reason you're looking to have the depth gauge on the rear? Why not use the regular 3-consoles all in a row format? For one thing, since they're more common, they'll be a good sight cheaper than the pivoting alternative.

Incidentally, I'm in no way connected to any of the shops mentioned above; just trying to help out another Singaporean. Feel free to contact me personally to talk at length over this.

d.

Aqualung has discontinued the original Pivot console (think that was BIG mistake IMO) but they did come out with a new Suunto pivot. Problem with that is, it is only made for Suunto gauges (not "standard" size). The old pivot held USD, Oceanic, I think Sherwood and a number of other gauges and computers.

Last I checked, LeisurePro still had the old Pivot consoles. Normally, I don't recomment LeisurePro, but I personally LOVED the old Pivot console and if your LDS can't get it, try there.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom