Intova Sport Pro

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I have had issues with my camera when the video recording is longer than 4 to 5mins. I suggest you do the following test:

• Record a clip of 1 min in 1080p
  • Then switch to view mode and try to play it back (should playback okay)
  • Then do the same test, this time recording 10mins worth

If you get a blue screen saying “file error” then you maybe in the same boat I was!

Also let me know what version of the firmware you have. This can be found on the TOOLS menu on the 2nd page.

I do not want to build your hopes up just yet, but you might be able to fix this with a firmware upgrade, which is what I did.

Thanks Radar_vibe, I'll give it a shot to see what happens. BTW, the videos I was shooting last week were in 720.

---------- Post Merged at 09:57 PM ---------- Previous Post was at 09:32 PM ----------

I have had issues with my camera when the video recording is longer than 4 to 5mins. I suggest you do the following test:

If you get a blue screen saying “file error” then you maybe in the same boat I was!

Also let me know what version of the firmware you have. This can be found on the TOOLS menu on the 2nd page.

I do not want to build your hopes up just yet, but you might be able to fix this with a firmware upgrade, which is what I did.

1 minute worked fine.
10 minutes produced the blue screen of death

firmware is (hard to read) ... V2012051919

I hope you have a positive suggestion. Thanks.

Gary

Hi Gary,

I will start with the bad news - you will probably not be able to recuperate your corrupted videos from your last dive
sad.gif

THE GOOD NEWS IS - that these findings are exactly the same as in my case and there is a fix
14.gif

Now I do not want to take on the role of Intova nor take the consequence of giving you the file (could get into trouble on that), but if you contact their support folks (as I did), they can send you the newer firmware that addresses this.

Just one point of advice - the file I received from them had one too many “.bin” in the name, which meant that it did not load the 1st time round. When I spotted this, I simply renamed the file to have the correct format (i.e. extension):

e.g. Filename.bin (instead of Filename.bin.bin)

Of course “Filename” above is just a placeholder for the actual name of the file.

The installation is very straight forward and it is comforting to know that there are ways of flashing the hardware with updates/fixes.

I just wonder how many others on this forum have had the same problem and in general, what version of the firmware has been delivered with these camera?

On another note, I would also be interested to know what MicroSD Cards folks are using (Capacity/Class/Make) and whether they are happy with it. I also suspect the quality/capacity of the SDcard might have some bearing on the reliability/performance of the recording.

Otherwise, I agree that the manual leaves a bit to be desired. As I am quite analytical (and like to explore things), I have discovered that there is an undocumented “fast-forward” feature when in playback mode. I will publish other findings if and when I discover them and when I have the time
coffee.gif

Please keep me posted

Terence

Hi Gary,

I will start with the bad news - you will probably not be able to recuperate your corrupted videos from your last dive
sad.gif

THE GOOD NEWS IS - that these findings are exactly the same as in my case and there is a fix
14.gif

Now I do not want to take on the role of Intova nor take the consequence of giving you the file (could get into trouble on that), but if you contact their support folks (as I did), they can send you the newer firmware that addresses this.

Just one point of advice - the file I received from them had one too many “.bin” in the name, which meant that it did not load the 1st time round. When I spotted this, I simply renamed the file to have the correct format (i.e. extension):

e.g. Filename.bin (instead of Filename.bin.bin)

Of course “Filename” above is just a placeholder for the actual name of the file.

The installation is very straight forward and it is comforting to know that there are ways of flashing the hardware with updates/fixes.

I just wonder how many others on this forum have had the same problem and in general, what version of the firmware has been delivered with these camera?

On another note, I would also be interested to know what MicroSD Cards folks are using (Capacity/Class/Make) and whether they are happy with it. I also suspect the quality/capacity of the SDcard might have some bearing on the reliability/performance of the recording.

Otherwise, I agree that the manual leaves a bit to be desired. As I am quite analytical (and like to explore things), I have discovered that there is an undocumented “fast-forward” feature when in playback mode. I will publish other findings if and when I discover them and when I have the time
coffee.gif

Please keep me posted

Terence

Thanks, buddy. We've already given up on the corrupted file, so we're over that frustration. I'll contact Intova later today (if I get time) to have that firmware sent to me. I'm comforted to know you were able to install the update without a problem.

The Sd card I have is a SanDisk 16GB. Even in 1080 mode it will hold over 3 hours of video (according to the indicator on the camera) Since the camera battery only lasts 2 or 2.5 hours, I'm thinking having multiple 8GB cards may be a better strategy.

Thanks again for the advice. I'll post the results after I contact Intova.

---------- Post Merged on October 24th, 2012 at 05:05 AM ---------- Previous Post was on October 23rd, 2012 at 07:21 AM ----------

Contacted Intova. Kevin sent me instructions (very simple) and a .bin file with new firmware. After firmware installed the screen went black, blue glow light turned red and that's where it has been since yesterday. Won't turn on, won't turn off ... just glows red. I sent Kevin an email this morning requesting assistance. Since they are in Hawaii patience will be word of the day. I have confidence they will resolve the issue, I just don't need to be in a hurry. Heck, dive vacation is over. Don't really need the camera until next June for the Bonaire Invasion, but it would be nice to have for surface use around here from time to time.

I'll keep y'all updated on their responsiveness.

---------- Post Merged on October 24th, 2012 at 06:22 PM ---------- Previous Post was on October 23rd, 2012 at 07:21 AM ----------

Kevin at Intova has been very helpful and responsive, considering the time difference between here and Hawaii. We're not done yet, but I am encouraged by their support and do not want to turn anyone off from the Intova Sport just because I'm having a few problems.

Ok, here's the deal. Intova sent me the updated firmware and very simple installation instructions. Upon installation of new firmware the camera locked up and suggestions from Intova did not help. Intova suggested they replace the camera, sent me an RMA and their FedEx account number. I don't think they could have been more helpful and supportive.

Using old fumble thumbs via Tapatalk 2

Perhaps you can post your firmware version number?

SDcard classes are not always printed on any of the materials that come with the card. A casual buyer won't know what to look for, and perhaps not even care. FWIW, higher class cards have an increased transfer rate for larger files. I would bet that a Class 6 or above card (10 is the highest AFAIK) should work well.

coffee.gif

I will be purchasing mine sometime within the next couple of months. I look forward to any info related. Thank you!

Shipped SP1 to Intova. Intova is paying the shipping both ways. When I dropped it off I was told the bill is $55.00 to HI. They might have been better off to just ship me one and make me promise to destroy the broken one. But I have to give them credit for responsiveness and not whining about their cost. :thumb:

Thanks P11 and for what it's worth we are recording with a lower 32 g Sd from...Walmart. I don't think that the problems have anything to do with the card.

Hi Gary, I have the same problem.
Yesterday recording our backyard clean up after Hurricane Sandy. Recorded for about 35 min, when tried to play back, the display shows blue screen "file error". I'm using 32GB Sandisk class10.

Will contact Intova now and keep you all posted with my progress. Hopefully this can be resolved with firmware upgrade, leaving to Bali in few days.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom