Introduce yourself - Get to know the PPD. (No chatting PLEASE!!!!!!)

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

OK I'm not living in the Philippines but I'm just a hop away (HK) and I'll likely be coming out here often over the next few years for diving (scuba that is :p). Already been diving twice in the PI this year. So just put me down as a "Philippine Paradise Diver" wannabe...

Name: Mike
Occupation: Mild manner banker by weekday... scuba junkie on any given long weekend (or heck anydays I can sneak away from the office and catch a flight... :eek:)
Certification: PADI: AOW and Nitrox
Favorite Sites: Coron Wrecks, USS New York (subic), Canyons (PG)
Dream Dives: Truk, Galapagos, and the Sardine Run (South Africa) and one of these days I'll get to see a whale shark...
Equipment: Mares V16 Proton, Zeagle Stiletto BC, Suunto mosquito, and a compact p/s camera that's recently grown antlers.... :wink:

Name: Gaudencio
Diving since: 1980
Certification : PADI 81169322
Favorite dive sites: Balicasag Island, Puerto Galera, Anilao, Davao Gulf
Dream Dive: Great Barrier Reefs
Equipment: SCUBAPRO MK25 G250, SCUBAPRO CLASSIC, Mares fins power plana( indestructible)

Name: Iris
Diving since: 2005
Certifications: Padi ow
Favorite dive sites: Cathedral, Anilao (only decent dive i've been so far)
Draem Dive: Tubbataha, Panglao, Great Barrier Reef, Florida Keys
Equipment: sadly, none yet... still looking for someone to shop with me
Question: what's the past tense for dive? dived? dove? sisid-ed? just curious...

Hi guys. I'm also a new SB member.

Name: Allen
Diving since: 2001
Certification : PADI OW, AOW
Favorite dive sites: Club Noah house reef in Palawan (school of jacks, resident giant travallies and napoleon wrasse), Dive&Trek house reef
Dream Dive: Great Barrier Reefs, Palau, Tubba
Equipment: Mares BCD/Reg, Aeris Velocity fins, Tusa mask/snorkel, generic wetsuit/booties

Am planning to go to Apo Island. I've just read about the lousy facilities in Apo (in this forum) so I'm thinking of Siquijor and do a 1-day excursion to Apo from there. Anyone who's been to Siquijor? How is diving there? Thanks.

Name: Jim
Diving since: 1976
Certicifation : NAUI, PADI,TDI, HSA, ANDI, IANTD
Favorite Philippine Dive sites: Balicasag, Cabilao, Tubataha, Anilao, Puero Galera and many unnamed sites we dove in the past that are not there anymore. :frown11:
Dream Dive: USS Saratoga in Binkini, PNG
Equipment: Scubapro MK25/G250HP, Halcyon PB/Wings, Scubapro Jetfins w/ spring straps, DUI CF200 drysuit, VR3 dive computer

Iris, If you can swing the airfare to the USA, I can personally help you with your needs for your Scuba Equipment :wink:

Name: Mike
What's the difference between a stickup and a holdup?
I don't know, what?
Age. When you're younger it sticks up, when you're older you have to hold it up.
Occupations: various
Diving since: 1980's
Certifications: DM, Philippine Marine Authority Boat Captain
Favorite dive sites: below my banka
Dream dive: below my banka
Equipment: various

Name: Julz
Diving since: 2004
Certifications: PADI OW, PADI Advance OW, PADI Rescue & EFR
Favorite dive sites: Ticao, Malapascua (Monad Shoal, Gato Island, Doña Marilyn Wreck)
Draem Dive: Tubataha, Galapagos
Equipment: ScubaPro RecTeK, MK2 PLUS R190 System, Suunto Stinger

hi guys! im new here...well, actually, been here since feb...didn't have time to visit this site since then...im excited to dive again since i just got my c-card last tuesday night...whew!

Name: Lai
Occupation: Freelance production chuvah and teaching college brats on the side...
Diving since: January 2005
Certifications: PADI OW
Favorite dive sites: Never been to a lot of dive sites since january...so i guess for now, my fave sites are Cathedral and Twin Rocks
Dream Dive: Coron
Equipment: have to invest

Name: bRaNdzZz(",)
Diving since: 1994
Certifications: Padi Open WaterzZz(",)
Favorite dive sites: Cathedral, Washing Machine, (woohoo!?! bsta enjoy!?! =P)
Dream Dive: Tubbataha, Palau, Great Barrier Reef, El Nido,
Equipment: hmm.. ewan ko bsta ginagamit ko lng equipment ng dad (woohoo!?! oldsch toh pre =P).. cge.. tanong ko muna.. for now.. la lng.. hehe.. =P

Name: Enrique
Diving since: 2004
Certifications: PDIC OW, PADI AOW & Nitrox
Favorite dive sites: Gato Island, Hilutungan and Nalusuan Islands
Dream Dive: Galapagus, Great Barrier Reef, and many more
Equipment: Zeagle Ranger, Scubapro MK16/S550, Suunto Cobra and Mosquito, Atomic Aquatics

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom