Invitation to dive 5/18/03

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

augie

Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
All,

I'm planning on gathering a few folks from the Melbourne area and heading to Boynton Beach for the Sunday morning two-tank dive with Dive Charters International.

I had originally wanted to do this on May 11, but have since had it pointed out to me that the 11th is Mother's Day, and since my kids aren't divers yet I'll be doing something that they can participate in that day.

I'd love for as many folks on here that would like to, to join us!

We have to leave early enough as it is to get to the dive shop on time, so breakfast is out, but we'd like to do lunch to rehash the dives afterwards. There's a place a little north of Boynton, and just east of US1 that has an Irish Pub sounding kind of name that we ate at before. The food and service were outstanding and quite reasonably priced. I know that will be the suggestion for the folks that were there last time, but we're willing to entertain others as well.

How 'bout it Conch Divers, you up for it?

Augie,
A tentative yes. Will know if I can make it or not by the end of the week. :tree: Bob

FYI,

A group of us dove on the boat next to DCI this past weekend. There's a really inexpensive diner-type place around the corner by the name of Margy's for lunch. Fantastic burgers and fries.

detroit diver once bubbled...
FYI,

A group of us dove on the boat next to DCI this past weekend. There's a really inexpensive diner-type place around the corner by the name of Margy's for lunch. Fantastic burgers and fries.

Has DCI moved their operation back to the Two Georges Marina or is Splashdown also going out of Cafe La Notte now?

Splashdown is at Two Georges. That's where I used DCI in January. Did they move from there since then?

I will make it a tentative yes as well....
DCI is back at Two George's; I was amusingly noting that both there boats were quietly moored while we were pulling out this weekend...also, Cafe La Notte is no more. We drove past on Saturday, and they have levelled it...most likely to build more houses.....sigh.

Ocean Fest is that weekend also....was anyone planning on attending? I have never been and would love to go.

Maybe my wife and I can join you guys since we had planned to go diving that day and I was looking at doing something in the WPB area to change a little bit from Keys diving.

Have they told you where are they planning on going on that day or they dont a have a schedule so far in advance?

If we can gather a good amount of people they should be able to give us a group rate.

well keep me posted

bye
ivan

ivansie once bubbled... Have they told you where are they planning on going on that day or they dont a have a schedule so far in advance?[/B]

Ivan, it's been my experience that they usually go where the majority of the divers on the boat choose, conditions permitting.

The great majority of my trips with them have consisted of two reef drift dives. You make your own buddy groups, each group has a ball that they carry, and you get the option of being dropped on either the inside or outside of the reef.

Don't know about the group rate, but I guess it never hurts to ask.

I hope you and your wife are able to make it!

augie

Augie, you said the morning dive. What time? I would have to drive back home right after lunch. I have a 9 hour drive, but I am interested as I want to get in the water some before Wreckmania.

Would I need to call somewhere and reserve a spot? I need to have more information to see if I could make this work and join you all.

https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom