Is 45# Pioneer wing an overkill?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Not sure that I buy this... most students overweight themselves at the beginning.

Netdoc,
You are probably right...I should have rephrased that to say "the instructors that taught me and some of the instructors that I have seen at the local dive sites that serve as OW training grounds"...

Good for you that you actually work on buoyancy in OW...I don't think I got much training in buoyancy until I stopped taking classes and got out and did some dives with my buddies and worked on it.

Hi

the pioneer 45 is usefull for instance here in the cold european waters and sea. Some divers i know dive with a HP steel 15 liter's (sorry dont know the american equivalent) with a backplate and drysuit. I heard some people use also sometimes a stage with the 45 (not sure if this is DIR, dont think so !).

I think : if you are doing normal nice and relaxed dives it is really not necessary to get a 45. Get a 36 and that will be more than enough. Remember DIR does promote efficiency.

Comment abouth the inetegrated weights: GI said: normal weight belt with a SS buckle (like the SP buckle) is always the perfferable way to go! I personally really dont like any integrated weights at all!

Have fun, xerxes

http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom