Is it supposed to be a secret?!?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Thanks Ed, It's snowing this morning ! (took the day off work to do my EFR) so I'm starting to worry about next week........
Will you still be here around the 14th March? That's when I get back from Sharm. If not, let me have an email address for you & I'll send you a few samples if they're worth showing.

Grazie42- My point was that the housing obscures the flash if you get closer than around 10cm, not that it wasn't bright enough- If anything it overpowers when taking macro which is why I'm trying to make a diffuser for it (any bright ideas?) - thought of using the screw-plate on the base to attach something, but think there must be a simpler solution like using a couple of heavy-duty rubber bands (like you get at the swimming pool) ???

I actually leave on the evening of the 14th so I will be here until about 5pm. If not then my email is ( edneeves@hotmail.com ).

A thought about the flash, you can actually make it stronger or weaker so maybe try tuning it doen a little, if that doesn't help than move back a little and try zooming in to compensate, this will reduce the effects of the flash a little.

Ed.

I have found the fluorescent light white balance setting to be helpful.

Try setting the ISO at 200 manually to obtain smaller aperture lens openings.

The S&S wide angle lens has a mask with an optical cable hole for S&S strobes. I have a YS-25 dx and it works ok, a bit weak on power though.

The housing, even without the wide angle lens adapter, will still block some of the internal flash beam, especially in macro. I made my own tray and handle from some aluminum stock and polypropylene sink drain pipe connectors.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom