Is there any interest in a Goodman style handle for the DRIS 1000 and 500 lights?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

It will...the OP has been trying to get the price down for you guys and working hard at it. He hasn't just walked away and has been upfront the whole time that this is a tedious process :wink:

Well it is impossible to make everybody happy. That much I accept. I applaud what the OP has done and continues to do. I suppose it boils down to the importance of having the unit versus saving a couple bucks. On a $50 item, the amount saved will not be an amount that I would have begrudged spending if it got me something I could use this year. If I was saving hundreds of dollars then it would be a different story. Perhaps I am unique in that viewpoint.

Opppps, see what I started again. Just got a bit quite and I got curious. Sorry sorry. Think I need to change my SN to "trouble" because that is all I cause here. Hmmm where should I post next.

Hey guys. I've been super busy. I'll be busy for another couple of weeks too but here is what I am going to do.

I am going to post the final design on indiegogo to raise funding for the production. The final price will be $38 or so plus shipping. You will be able to preorder it there and if enough people preorder to meet my goal of 100 pcs then production will begin. If the funding amount isn't met then all of your money will be automatically refunded. This seems like the best way to proceed so that I don't put out a lot of money and cant sell them. Also fom your point of view the money will be held in escrow until the goal is met so I won't be. Collecting money on something that won't get made.

I think this is the best way to make sure everyone who says they want it actuall will buy it so my wife doesn't get mad at me for spending even more money on diving. :D

Details have been confirmed with manufacturer. Price will be $ 38 plus shipping. Preorder will start by this weekend.

---------- Post Merged at 06:13 PM ---------- Previous Post was at 06:13 PM ----------

The final design is anodized rather than powder coated so it should have a look very similar to the flashlight.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom