Is there any interest in a Goodman style handle for the DRIS 1000 and 500 lights?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I'm in. I'm an international order and assume all the shipping stuff will be worked out once the project is officially greenlit. I congratulate your initiative and wish you all the best!

You are including shipping in the cost but that rules out anybody that lives outside of the standard flat rate charge (i.e. those of us from North of the border). Who will be shipping the unit? Who will be refunding me the $5+ when the actual shipping cost is established (usually around $18 I believe)? Will it be you or the manufacturer? I am going to commit but would rather commit to the actual so I am not left to assume or guess. Also, is it you that is holding these funds until the volume requirement is met?EDITPayment confirmed.....and it is out there in my FB realm as well.
The handles will be shipped out by me after I receive them. For international buyers I will contact you about shipping and let you know the difference from the shipping amount already included in the price. Originally I was going to set this up so that I had to reach the funding goal then I would receive all the money. Unfortunately I accidentally hit the wrong button so I am getting the money as you pre-order. Indiegogo won't let me change it back for obvious reasons after orders are coming in. So whether or not I receive the full funding amount I will proceed with the prodcuton at the end of the campaign and I will put up any extra money myself. Then I will just have to sell the left over pieces later. So no matter what this is getting made. :)

00w.. hope your BP is good over that build capital vs. build product oops....

Question: Can more than two make it in a shipping box? Maybe disassembled? Was looking at three, but settled for two based on selection options...

I for one am willing to pay a little more (amount to be decided by me) if it meant a smaller run AND you were not on the hook for any extra (and possible loss out of your pocket). I throw the option out for discussion if people don't commit.

so glad i came looking for a handle for my my Dorcy 220's. read this entire thread and just made my contribution for 2 of them.. Fantastic work!

I for one am willing to pay a little more (amount to be decided by me) if it meant a smaller run AND you were not on the hook for any extra (and possible loss out of your pocket). I throw the option out for discussion if people don't commit.

Thanks - I have already made an agreement with the manufacturer for 100 pieces. It's no big deal. Whatever I don't sell by pre-order I will put in an ebay store or something to sell them off. Once you guys get yours and start posting pics of them online I bet they will sell quickly.

---------- Post Merged at 11:53 AM ---------- Previous Post was at 11:52 AM ----------

00w.. hope your BP is good over that build capital vs. build product oops....

Question: Can more than two make it in a shipping box? Maybe disassembled? Was looking at three, but settled for two based on selection options...

I'm not sure. I don't have the parts yet so I had to estimate what will fit. It is likely that it will fit. If you want to order 3 I can try to fit them in one box. If it fits then I can put $5 in the box to reimburse you for the shipping.

---------- Post Merged at 12:05 PM ---------- Previous Post was at 11:52 AM ----------

For those of you that are interested in thumbnuts for the light you can pick them up in brass or stainless steel here: http://www.mcmaster.com/#thumb-screw-nuts/=jrxc4o
They should be 10-24 size but you should wait until production is complete and I will confirm. Since this is coming from overseas it might switch to metric bolts.

Far all of the expressed interest, there aren't a lot of orders in yet...

I thought the same thing. Hopefully everybody ponies up and commits so nobody at risk of being out of money.

13/100 after two days.... best thing is to keep both threads up in the top. These should sell. its a great idea, and appears well executed.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom