Is this DIR?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I agree with scubastud, and Rick, though I think it wouldnt have hurt for him to maybe touch on thirds or something like that maybe the frog kick just a thought.
Can't touch on what you don't know.:wink:

Might be the FIRST time I've heard the headspring at Ginnie referred to as "a pond".

It did seem targeted at kids, and as such, I thought it did a very nice job. Talked about not going in alone, etc. Honestly, I would have liked to see them touch on the LINE that is Ginnie, and stress the importance of NEVER going into a "cave" without one. Easy enough to put forth to a kid and have it resonate.

I especially liked the "....and the tunnel keeps getting smaller and smaller until eventually I can't get through..."

:rofl3:

Yeah, I only did two dives in the Ballroom, but I don't remember anyplace I could even have faked a restriction!

Anyway, what does it say about me that I enjoyed the video, just because . . . it's a CAVE!

Yeah, I only did two dives in the Ballroom, but I don't remember anyplace I could even have faked a restriction!

Anyway, what does it say about me that I enjoyed the video, just because . . . it's a CAVE!

ummm... back and to the left

Last edited:
You can actually get stuck back there if you try hard enough. In fact, that area is actually a "cave" because you do lose the light.

I love the way he says "Cave diving is very dangerous and should never be done alone." lol nothing about getting proper training... Which he obviously lacks.

But it does look like a good way to get kids into diving at least. =)

Actually there are two no mounts in the Ballroom.
One I would consider to be a major restriction,even for no mount.

If you want to know where they are, PM me & I'll tell you.:D
I just don't want to read of some poor stupid nubie
tempting Darwin's theory and losing at it.

Also, I've seen first person where a doubles diver had ratcheted himself into a spot that you wouldn't have thought would be any problem at all.:shakehead:

This added to the many cracks/ crevases and a few small passages.
This is my favorite braille dive. LOL

I have a decent primary, but still kinda
prefer to feel my way around in that one.:eyebrow:

there's a restriction in some of the breakdown in the shallow bit of the ballroom too

http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom