Is this possible?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I know I'm adding my two cents in a bit late in the discussion, however this is a topic close to my heart. I bought a nearly new Moby twin-shell Pro that had very large boots attached to it but it otherwise fit "fairly well". I took it to a local dive gear repair shop and had them cut the boots off and replace them with soft neoprene socks. Then I went to the local discount shoe store (with the drysuit) and tried on various cool looking Converse high top sneakers over the socks (the black ones with flames down the side were, unfortunately, not available in the correct size). That combo works really well and is incredibly comfortable, plus when you tire of one color sneaker you can just get a new, more entertaining shoe. Keeps your dive buddies guessing........

I ultimately sold that suit to a buddy who it fit better (when they offer a generic sizing chart it means it will fit men, for the most part) and got myself a women's DUI with turbo soles. I've spoken with several friends who dive DUI's and they love their suits but really really dislike the rough and lumpy compressed neoprene "socks" that are the alternative to the turbo sole. When my turbo soles wear out (sometime in the next century maybe) I'll likely revert to soft socks and Converse high tops.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom