Is This Tank One Of The Bad Ones (6351-t6)?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Battlefrog71

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
I have 2 USD Alum 80's that were made in June of 86. Are they the weak necked ones?

Thanks!

Attachments

• image.png
    image.png
    358.8 KB · Views: 79
Yep, around here its not worth the hydro and eddy current costs to even have it tested. Nevermind almost nobody will fill it. Worth more as scrap (about $15) which is surprising given than its 30yo.

We live in heaven :) not important date for filling .. It is certain if the test is not already robust. test results are important not date.

I keep thinking this forum is for "Vintage" dive gear. 1986 post dates the forum criteria. Go somewhere else.
I bet there is some way you could have said that without sounding like a jerk.

There is also a section just for tanks and such that common sense should lead us to.

Tursiops,

You are very correct. I could have said maybe something like this:
"If you would have read the rules of this forum, you MIGHT have realized your question was not appropriate." However, by being polite, you probably would have not read it anyway, so direct is usually more successful. Actually being a jerk is not bad, I have been called worse, but what was that saying, "stick and stones, etc."

And, unless you are a newbee to diving, the pre-1990 Al tanks have been discussed
Ad nauseam
. Do some of you own research, and don't express your laziness.

Tursiops,

You are very correct. I could have said maybe something like this:
"If you would have read the rules of this forum, you MIGHT have realized your question was not appropriate." However, by being polite, you probably would have not read it anyway, so direct is usually more successful. Actually being a jerk is not bad, I have been called worse, but what was that saying, "stick and stones, etc."

And, unless you are a newbee to diving, the pre-1990 Al tanks have been discussed
Ad nauseam
. Do some of you own research, and don't express your laziness.
LOL! Thanks for confirming my worst fears. A true vintage curmudgeon.

To be fair, that is a vintage tank with a first hydro of 12/78.

It is the bad aluminum manufactured under sp6498.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom